Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Mother's Day 'Pink' Bats Are Up

Special Mother's Day/Breast Cancer Awareness "Pink" Bats are beginning to be listed on MLB.com...Some current items include gamers from Jeter, ARod, Posada & other Yankees..There are also several Team Signed bats..take a look!

Banned

Re: Mother's Day 'Pink' Bats Are Up

WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!

Everyone read this post i am writing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the first thread was put up about these mothers day bat and everyone can read it, we all talked about about who ised the mothers day bats I personally mentioned JORGE POSADA bcuz i was watching that game and I mentioned in that thread it was funny how JORGE POSADA never used his mothers day bat in that game AND EVEN THE ANNOUNCERS POINTED IT OUT HOW HIS BAT WAS SITTING IN THE GRASS WHILE HE USED HIS REGULAR BAT.

HOW IS IT MLB AUCTIONS ARE SELLING A GAME USED MOTHERS DAY JORGE POSADA GAME USED BAT?????????????????
    Jorge Posada Game-Used and Signed 2006 Mother's Day Bat

Current Bid: $ 375.00
    Bids: 3

......the fine print:

"*Game-used encompases batting practice and/or the game itself."

I guess MLB has finally defined "game use" for us.

Marcus

Banned

I am starting to question MLB'A authentication process as we all hold are higest regards to MLB as I did also thinking to ourselves of all orginaztions that will not try to pull a wool over our eyes or pass something off bcuz it has the potential of being Game Used instead of it actually being Game Used it shows that there process is not as secure as we thought.

My reason for making this comment I have another item that was MLB authenticated. Sold to me as Game Used and the item does not show one drop of use on it anywhere. I am in the middle of the process right now of having them re-look at the item and make a judgement call to either refund my money or replace it for something else.

So now in my eyes these are 2 incidents of possible misleading!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!

Everyone read this post i am writing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the first thread was put up about these mothers day bat and everyone can read it, we all talked about about who ised the mothers day bats I personally mentioned JORGE POSADA bcuz i was watching that game and I mentioned in that thread it was funny how JORGE POSADA never used his mothers day bat in that game AND EVEN THE ANNOUNCERS POINTED IT OUT HOW HIS BAT WAS SITTING IN THE GRASS WHILE HE USED HIS REGULAR BAT.

HOW IS IT MLB AUCTIONS ARE SELLING A GAME USED MOTHERS DAY JORGE POSADA GAME USED BAT?????????????????
    Jorge Posada Game-Used and Signed 2006 Mother's Day Bat

Current Bid: $ 375.00
    Bids: 3
    Same thing happened when the NHL used the pink sticks earlier in the year. Many players only warmed up with them and not too many used them in the game. It is up to you the buyer to make sure the item you are going after was actually used in game play by watching the footage.

i dont think arod used his in the game either?? correct me if i'm wrong. i know that jeter only used his in his first at bat and grounded out. that bat is going to go for a lot of money. it would have been cool if they wrote game used and the date.

Banned

Norris Trophy well unfortunately I do not have the time in my life to watch every basbeball game ever played by a certain player to track down the exact time he used the bat that I have.
    But if your offering to take the time off of work for about a year to sit at home and watch for me ill go out an get every footage i can find and ill send it to you!!!!!!

Bulbus thats an interesting statement you made i wasnt particularly paying attention to AROD ( as i cant stand him and think hes over rated ) but from memory i dont remember him using his either.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    Norris Trophy well unfortunately I do not have the time in my life to watch every basbeball game ever played by a certain player to track down the exact time he used the bat that I have.
    But if your offering to take the time off of work for about a year to sit at home and watch for me ill go out an get every footage i can find and ill send it to you!!!!!!
    You'll find Getty Images works wonders for this type of thing. Especially when they used them on a specific date/timeframe.

Banned

What is the big deal? MLB clearly states that game used can be used in batting practice. They are not looking to pull a fast one on anyone, so stop wasting your time complaining because their description is clear as day and honest.

If you don't like it, buy from someone you like but stop pointing fingers at what appears to be a legitimate operation.

Hi, Suave...

I understand your concern ... many hobbyists don't consider "game used" to include used equipment that never made it into a real game. However, the fact that it was stated that, in these auctions, game used includes batting-practice-used items is important and clarifying information that many sellers neglect to include in their auctions for BP-used items. Perhaps it would be even clearer if the titles distinguished the BP items from the "game used" items (and perhaps that is what you had in mind), but the auctions do make the clarification and they are welcome to define the term game used as they like.

They seem like some pretty cool bats to me.

Best of luck if you decide to bid.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.