Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Stephen Strasburg signing

Quote Originally Posted by RJB44 View Post
    I wonder how excited he really is about playing for the Nationals. I would have to think that such a high caliber player would would much rather want to get in with a team that has a chance of getting somewhere in the near future. The nationals future is not good, even with Strasburg. Far too much focus on him to be the lightning rod that will get them out of the cellar. Perhaps it's just part of the "business" of baseball. He will be out of there in four years and honestly, I don't think the Nationals will get above .500 in those four years. He will do well over the next four, certainly well enough to command high $$ from real contenders. Just my two cents.
    Interesting take to predict a 20 year old kid will shine from 20-24 and guys like Morgan, Zimmerman, Dunn, Willingham won't help the Nats get over .500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I wouldn't pay more than $1,200 as you are taking a risk if his "star" fizzles.

This jersey is special as it is MLB hologram'd.

Yep, already done plus I have the photo proof of both him and Boras signing it. Stephen is a nice young man. Very respectful. I am already working on a small deal with him so hopefully I can get some Minor League items from him.

I offered seller $1,400.00, but was declined. Seller said he would let it go for $2,000.00. I'm seriously considering going for it as I love the piece and I love the fact that is MLB Authenticated and signed by Stephen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120460399214

Quote Originally Posted by lg_ham View Post
    I offered seller $1,400.00, but was declined. Seller said he would let it go for $2,000.00. I'm seriously considering going for it as I love the piece and I love the fact that is MLB Authenticated and signed by Stephen.

Let us know how it turns out!!!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Made offer of $1,800.00 ... I really hope I get it.

Made offer of $1,800.00 ... I really hope I get it.
    Just a FYI there one on MLB.com
    http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=108595678

Thanks... but I still like the Team USA Jersey with his name "STRASBURG" stitched on the back, plus it has a extra 30th YEAR patch on the shoulder.

It would look cool framed as it has his name on the back. I hope the seller accepts my offer.

I just read where they will probably have Strasburg play in the Arizona Fall League in October-November. I hope the kid has already got his Big League autographing skills down - if he comes, he's going to be swamped. I remember the fan frenzy over Ryan Braun in '07, and last year Eric Young, Jr. got a lot of attention. I might have to get a ball signed, myself, while the opportunity to get a free sig exists. I'm planning on getting out to at least 25 games in those six weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I just read where they will probably have Strasburg play in the Arizona Fall League in October-November. I hope the kid has already got his Big League autographing skills down - if he comes, he's going to be swamped. I remember the fan frenzy over Ryan Braun in '07, and last year Eric Young, Jr. got a lot of attention. I might have to get a ball signed, myself, while the opportunity to get a free sig exists. I'm planning on getting out to at least 25 games in those six weeks.

Washington has already decided to send to the Arizona Fall League a great grouping of Stephen Strasburg, catcher Derek Norris, first baseman Chris Marrero, shortstop Danny Espinosa, and their other 2009 first-round pick (tenth overall) Drew Storen. They will decide shortly on their 6th player to complete the team allotment.

The other Strasburg news is that he will get to wear #37 in his Nationals uniform which was the # he wore at San Diego State.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Thanks... but I still like the Team USA Jersey with his name "STRASBURG" stitched on the back, plus it has a extra 30th YEAR patch on the shoulder.

It would look cool framed as it has his name on the back. I hope the seller accepts my offer.

I just won this one on MLB Auctions last night. Not used, but still very cool.

Name:  strasburg_jersey.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  15.0 KB

Major League Baseball Auction listing #108595678 was for a 2008 USA National Team Autographed Game-Worn Jersey sold for $1105.00. The winner's ID was "VLADY".

Name:  img8322097.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  40.3 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

The tagging on these jerseys are interesting:

Name:  !BYoU(Gg!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlypo6BKim!FdWYw~~_12.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  28.8 KB

If you want to buy an "Authentic" from Team USA they get pro tagging.

Name:  pMLB2-4900923dt.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  24.2 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500