Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Packer Fans and Favre

Everybody is missing the fact that Favre isn't the Favre of old. He is a washed up QB and a chucker. I will take any QB that makes logical passes, Favre doesn't do that. And the point about Favre and Rogers' team record last year doesn't prove the point on who was the better QB. Look at the numbers Rogers was better. Will he be better than Favre, this year yes, but lifetime not even close, but saying that he his better than Favre this year is like saying that an NFL QB is better than a backup HS QB. The Vikings are worse with him IMO, but they are a running team anyway so who cares.

Well, I'm no Favre/NFC North expert, yet, the so called experts are saying it will work out better for Favre with the Vikings because it's a very similar style offense that he had in Green Bay. So, basically he's good to go I just love the fact that it adds to an already exciting upcoming season.

Franco, you will always be a Seahawk to me.

The argument that a team's record is based solely on the quarterback is silly on it's face. If that was case, the Vikings might as well be made up of Brett Favre and the Minnetonka Cub Scouts. Save the team a lot of money.

I should add that I agree the Jets improved a lot last year under Favre and, simply because they missed the playoffs by one game, the press popularly and wrongly labels the season a failure. How going from 4-12 to 9-7 is classified as failure I don't know, but many in the press classify it as that.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I should add that I agree the Jets improved a lot last year under Favre and, simply because they missed the playoffs by one game, the press popularly and wrongly labels the season a failure. How going from 4-12 to 9-7 is classified as failure I don't know, but many in the press classify it as that.
    I think the failure tag was hung on Brett unfairly as well. I believe anytime you are 8-3 and end 9-7, the team found ways to lose. He was injured as well. The NY media is like Philly fans, they can be pretty unforgiving and biased. And at the risk of upsetting Jets fans, the team has had horrible luck. One could argue they had 2 good seasons. Ever. I think however that the real winners in this whole fracas are the Jets because Mark Sanchez is better than (in no particular order) Browning Neagle, Ken O'Brien, Neil O'Donnell, washed up Boomer Esaison, Brooks Bollenger, Glenn Foley, Rick Mirer, Bubby Brister, Ray Lucas or Kellen Clemens.

He may even exceed Vinny Testaverde and the 38 year old version of Brett Favre. His arm is already better than Chad Pennington, as a Dolphins fan thanks for him btw.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Mark Sanchez is better than (in no particular order) Browning Neagle, Ken O'Brien, Neil O'Donnell, washed up Boomer Esaison, Brooks Bollenger, Glenn Foley, Rick Mirer, Bubby Brister, Ray Lucas or Kellen Clemens.

He may even exceed Vinny Testaverde and the 38 year old version of Brett Favre. His arm is already better than Chad Pennington, as a Dolphins fan thanks for him btw.
    Wow, and with only playing 16 games at USC, and a couple decent outings in a pre-season game with the Jets. Put him in the HOF now!!!

Wink Re: Packer Fans and Favre

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Everybody is missing the fact that Favre isn't the Favre of old. He is a washed up QB and a chucker. I will take any QB that makes logical passes, Favre doesn't do that. And the point about Favre and Rogers' team record last year doesn't prove the point on who was the better QB. Look at the numbers Rogers was better. Will he be better than Favre, this year yes, but lifetime not even close, but saying that he his better than Favre this year is like saying that an NFL QB is better than a backup HS QB. The Vikings are worse with him IMO, but they are a running team anyway so who cares.

T-Jack is the most unlogical passer in the league.. I'd still take Farve over him.. Now i'm just starting to pick on pal - I'm sorry.
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    As a Packer fan, I am so disappointed in what Favre has become since the Pack traded him to the Jets last year. Ever since then, he has felt like he needs to get revenge on the Pack because they wanted to move on because he "retired." I feel so bad saying that despite what he has done for the Pack, I have lost all respect for him. I am actually glad he signed with the Vikings because I think it only hurts them, I would take Jackson or Rosenfels over him any day, we all saw what he and the New York Bretts did last year. Packer fans, your thoughts.

Sorry pal, but this has got to be the dumbest statement I have heard in a while. I am not a Jets fan, nor a Vikings fan. Not even a GB fan. I'm not even a Favre fan. But seriously, Tavaris Jackson or Rosenfels over 3000+ passing yards and 22 TD's (granted he threw 22 Int's as well)? But c'mon. Put the pipe down and get real. Favre may be old and on his way to being washed up, but he is still better than a majority of the starting QB's in the NFL. Certainly better than Tavaris and Sage.

I love these cheese heads that are scourned because their beloved (atleast he was beloved while he was winning games FOR them) Brett Favre chose to go somewhere else. Grow up, please. It's a sport. Players play, they move on, they retire. Or in Brett's case they retire, move on, retire and move on again.

Attached Images Attached Images  

For background, I am a lifelong Packers (and Badgers) fan from Wisconsin and, first and last, I root for the team-- it's a team sport after all. Favre did a lot for the team and was a fine quarterback, so I don't begrudge him other than he isn't a Packer.