Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Packer Fans and Favre

The problem is Favre can't last a season anymore. He started out great with the Jets, but then collapsed after he got the Pro Bowl nod and the media said it would be a Jets, Giants Super Bowl. He will get injured, and I rather start a versatile Jackson then Favre. Or maybe the Vikings can take a play from Mangini's '08 Jets and stick Favre at WR for a play.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    OMG.....too funny, nice photo shop work........just brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Um, David......the Vikings made the play-offs without Favre last year.

The Green Bay packers.............well, not so good. Rogers is a good quarterback, but he's no NFL legend who leads the team like Brett did during his 16 year run. Look forward to your 7-win season.....

You think the Vikings are going to be worse off with Brett Favre, familiar with their offensive system, than last year? Stay tuned.
    Seriously now. I could QB the Vikings to a divison title. Just give the ball to AD, and the rest of the division is garbage. But really, comparing teams who made the playoffs makes absolutely no sense. Especially looking at defenses and running games.

OMG.....too funny, nice photo shop work........just brutal!
    Thanks. I cannot take credit for the photoshop though.

I dislike the Pack & the Queens because they are division rivals, plain and simple, but I cannot stand Mrs. Favre. I am not discrediting him for his athletic accomplishments over the years. I discredit him as a professional, a role model, and as a person. There is a certain level of integrity professional athletes must possess and I feel that Brett has either lost it or is using it.

Holding out so he doesn't have to attend camp, playing with the media on his final decision, and figuring he can just waltz in on his white horse and save the day? You tell me where the integrity is.

For that fact alone, I feel he is nothing more that an attention starved, selfish, drama queen.

You Favre bashers are a real kick.....

So, Rogers is the answer in Green Bay, and look where Brett Favre got the Jets last year, huh?

Brett Favre had the Jets in FIRST PLACE or close to it the entire season, until he got hurt. He was HURT the last 5-6 games of the season, so your argument is silly about "what he did for the Jets last year".

And correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the Green Bay Packers finish 6-10 last year with Mr. Superstar Rogers at the wheel? Wow, now there's some great football. Hey, at least they finished ahead of the record breaking Lions with there stellar 0-16 effort.

To make the call that gingi79's brother would prefer to watch 8 good games and the rest are going to be bad is nothing but a prediction, and a bad one at that. Brett Favre is not POPULAR and causing so much discussion because he's been a loser his whole career, and sucks.

He's one of the most exciting players in the NFL. Yes, he's a gun slinger, and sometimes he pays the price for it, but it makes for fun football. What you guys fail to see is the Vikings have a GOOD team. With Favre, they're downright dangerous and a serious pick to run the table. Like it or not, you haters will just have to take this season on the chin if Favre stays healthy. He will win the division for the Vikes......that's my prediction.
    The numbers don't lie - Favre has a huge drop-off at the end of a season. You can try to blame his injury for last year's staggering collapse, but it wasn't just his one season with the Jets.

Will he help the Vikings in the early part of the season? Absolutely. He'll win them games. But later in the season, he'll cost them games. He's done it for the last several years.

I have a lot of respect for the guy. I loved watching him play. I'm grateful for what he did. But when the Packers decided that his on-field production was no longer good enough to suffer through the off-season dramatics, I supported the decision wholeheartedly.