Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Historic Auctions Manning jersey with short sleeves

It looks like Historic Auctions is offering yet another one of those Manning jerseys with the sleeves that are too short to have likely been actually used by Peyton. Here is the link:
    http://www.historicauctions.com/inde...uctionid=31846
    Not surprisingly, the item comes with certification from Bernie Gurnay, who was offering several such jerseys on Ebay a few months ago. I actually bought one from Bernie, but to his credit he agreed to allow me to return the item. Frequent Forum participants may recall that one of our members did yeoman's work in putting together a photo montage showing that Manning typically (if not always) wears jerseys with longer sleeves. I don't know why these jerseys with short sleeves keep showing up, but be careful out there and don't make the mistake that I made of buying something without doing some research first! --Steve

Re: Historic Auctions Manning jersey with short sleeves

Quote Originally Posted by silverschmidts
    It looks like Historic Auctions is offering yet another one of those Manning jerseys with the sleeves that are too short to have likely been actually used by Peyton. Here is the link:
    http://www.historicauctions.com/inde...uctionid=31846
    Not surprisingly, the item comes with certification from Bernie Gurnay, who was offering several such jerseys on Ebay a few months ago. I actually bought one from Bernie, but to his credit he agreed to allow me to return the item. Frequent Forum participants may recall that one of our members did yeoman's work in putting together a photo montage showing that Manning typically (if not always) wears jerseys with longer sleeves. I don't know why these jerseys with short sleeves keep showing up, but be careful out there and don't make the mistake that I made of buying something without doing some research first! --Steve

If you are seeing "short" open cut sleeves stay away!! I am only speculating, but I believe these are jerseys that once had "cuffed" sleeves, had the cuffs removed and re-hemmed to be "open" cut. It's obvious if this is done the jersey's open cut sleeve length will be shorter than if it was orginally manufactured that way. Moreover, the Manning jersey in the Historic auction appears to have "cuffed" sleeves?????

These photos were cut&pasted from the KingJammy archives:
    Every 2002 Colt game wearing blue...Never used lineman sleeves as represented on the Historic Auctions Manning jersey.

I found something else I wanted to reference to photos in Historic Auctions....

Name:  R_EL.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  115.2 KB

Please send all of your questions/concerns in to Historic Auctions. They are making themselves available to answer questions (I myself have some in and they are working on getting answers) When I get my answers I will share with the board.
    Eric

Re: Historic Auctions and all the questions...

Quote Originally Posted by beantown
    I found something else I wanted to reference to photos in Historic Auctions....

Attachment 1000

This took me five seconds to KNOW this was wrong and then five minutes to compare it to photos....how can authenticator call this item "worn" when it doesn't match ONE photo I could reference? How about authenticating by majority rules? Start posting items for authentication on this forum in a separate section and then let forum members offer their opinion as to its authenticity and why they feel that way and how they can substantiate it? Eric, how does that sound?

Re: Historic Auctions and all the questions...

Quote Originally Posted by beantown
    This took me five seconds to KNOW this was wrong and then five minutes to compare it to photos....how can authenticator call this item "worn" when it doesn't match ONE photo I could reference? How about authenticating by majority rules? Start posting items for authentication on this forum in a separate section and then let forum members offer their opinion as to its authenticity and why they feel that way and how they can substantiate it? Eric, how does that sound?
    First, I'd be interested in what James had to say about this specific Manning jersey and the sleeve issues.
    Eric

Eric: I never sent in the Manning sleeves issue to HA; did you? I don't really know who to contact there. If you contacted them, did you hear a response? --Steve

Send the question to james@historicauctions.com

Let us know what he says.
    Eric

I just sent him an email and we'll see if he replies. --Steve