Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Ironman,

Nice TBTC Billy Ripken jersey there. I have the Herndon version, but thought that it was Detroit "Cubs". If I recall correctly, the Detroit Cubs were a minor league negro league team from the 30's. I think that is the only year they wore this rather that the two styles of Stars jerseys they frequent.

I know it doesn't make a difference on the jersey. In the event that you keep track or detailed records of your jerseys, hopefully it helps.

John

craig monroe glove from 2005...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

I picked up this helmet from TigerFest 2010. I found this in the Tigers Foundation tent (as opposed to the Tigers Authentics tent). I dug through their game used helmet bin and pulled out this right-handed batter helmet with a #9 on the back of it. There is also athletic tape with 06 on the side and one of the people manning the tent said that all helmets came from the clubhouse and the athletic tape supposedly denotes the year used.

Also, the production wheel is 06 and points to 8 (August 2006, possibly). TigerDale has also confirmed that his Carlos Guillen helmet is the same size (7 1/8). So, everything points to this being a Carlos Guillen game used helmet. The pictures:

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on whether I should take the athletic tape "06" off. I can see the benefit of leaving it as it obviously helps authenticate it, but aesthetically it might look better if I remove it. Again, your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    I picked up this helmet from TigerFest 2010. I found this in the Tigers Foundation tent (as opposed to the Tigers Authentics tent). I dug through their game used helmet bin and pulled out this right-handed batter helmet with a #9 on the back of it. There is also athletic tape with 06 on the side and one of the people manning the tent said that all helmets came from the clubhouse and the athletic tape supposedly denotes the year used.

Also, the production wheel is 06 and points to 8 (August 2006, possibly). TigerDale has also confirmed that his Carlos Guillen helmet is the same size (7 1/8). So, everything points to this being a Carlos Guillen game used helmet. The pictures:

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on whether I should take the athletic tape "06" off. I can see the benefit of leaving it as it obviously helps authenticate it, but aesthetically it might look better if I remove it. Again, your thoughts?
    Nice helmet

a few different hats the tigers have worn....
    a rodney red stars & stripes,a renteria blue stars & stripes, a perry 1909 throwback, a santiago stars throwback....second photo...jeff weaver comerica opening day, guillen flag hat, parrish 100 years hat, mlicki final tiger stadium game, & gibson opening day 2004.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

It has been a goal of mine to obtain a game used Alan Trammell bat since I started collecting. Finally, after a 20+ year wait, I received one of my holy grails in the mail.

The bat is from 06/11/91 and looking at the box score he had quite a day as well: 2 for 5, 2 stolen bases, and 2 runs scored in a 5-1 Tigers victory!

The pictures:

Handle crack

Knob with stamping and number

Barrel end

Thanks for looking!

In the spirit of making this an educational thread, as well as a place to show off your stuff, I wanted to do a side-by-side comparison of my Alan Trammell game used bat vs. my Alan Trammell game model bat.

First of all, the knob stamp is the first dead giveaway. The game used bat has the following stamped on the bottom: AT, 4 1/2, WO127 Also, a game used bat should have his number 3 at the very least and may also have additional markings (denoting weight) that were placed on it by the Tigers equipment manager.

Game Model (L) and Game Used (R)

Second of all, the barrell on the game used bat is stamped without leaving indentations, while the game model bat is engraved leaving indentations where it was stamped into the bat.

Game Model (top) and Game Used (bottom)

One other thing that I was able to determine is that the game used bat had a lower grain count making it a better piece of wood. You can see this best in the photo of the knob.

Great Trammell bat.......I dont think any other tiger bat is as classic as a tram bat!!
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    Great Trammell bat.......I dont think any other tiger bat is as classic as a tram bat!!
    Tram is a class act, and his bats are sweet...but don't overlook Al Kaline.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I was able to get my Kirk Gibson bat signed over the weekend and wanted to add it to the thread. Also, took a group shot of my Trammell, Whitaker and Gibson together: