X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spartanservitto
    • May 2010

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Originally posted by tigerdale
    a nice pudge bat uncracked but authenticated for game use...
    Dale,

Did you get that pudge gamer I emailed you? Let me know, would love to see it.

-Tony
    sigpic
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• tigerdale
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by spartanservitto
      Dale,

Did you get that pudge gamer I emailed you? Let me know, would love to see it.

-Tony
      Thank you, I did...the Yankee one....actually waiting for it to come in the mail.
      always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
      Thank you, Dale
      tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• russyurk
        • May 2008

Added a 2010 (even though it's tagged 2009) with the Ernie Harwell patch. Need to save up and start the search for the jerseys with patches that I'd like to track down. ('99 home, '94 road, '97 home or road.)
        Attached Files
        Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Comment

• mbrieve
          • Jul 2008

I haven't been able to find any photos of Alan Trammell using a Kissimmee Stix bat. This is the second time I have seen one of these bats for sale. What is everyone's thinking on this bat? The seller claims it was purchased at the Dugout shop...

Comment

• tigerdale
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by mbrieve
            I haven't been able to find any photos of Alan Trammell using a Kissimmee Stix bat. This is the second time I have seen one of these bats for sale. What is everyone's thinking on this bat? The seller claims it was purchased at the Dugout shop...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALAN-TRAMMELL-GA...efaultDomain_0
            I was looking at that earlier...I honestly think its legit...but I have no fact or knowledge to back that up....just my gut feeling. He had a good description & he has sold some good tiger items over the years...
            always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
            Thank you, Dale
            tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
              • Jul 2010

I guess I have a Mini Tigers GU collection now.
              Attached Files

Comment

• mbrieve
                • Jul 2008

I was looking at that earlier...I honestly think its legit...but I have no fact or knowledge to back that up....just my gut feeling. He had a good description & he has sold some good tiger items over the years...
                Thanks, Dale. I appreciate your input. Probably going to pass, but like to add to my knowledge. I have seen game photos of Trammell using Worth, LVS, and Cooper. Additionally, I have a baseball card of him posing with an SSK bat. I'm sure over a 20 year MLB career he did his fair share of tinkering. I'm just not sure how comfortable I am that he used this bat in an actual game.

Comment

• tigerdale
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
                  I guess I have a Mini Tigers GU collection now.
                  awesome tiger (jackson) collection!!!
                  Thank you, Dale
                  tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• tigerdale
                    • Dec 2007

Thanks, Dale. I appreciate your input. Probably going to pass, but like to add to my knowledge. I have seen game photos of Trammell using Worth, LVS, and Cooper. Additionally, I have a baseball card of him posing with an SSK bat. I'm sure over a 20 year MLB career he did his fair share of tinkering. I'm just not sure how comfortable I am that he used this bat in an actual game.
                    I'm passing too...but if I didn't have a tram bat, for the right price I would be interested in the bat.
                    Thank you, Dale
                    tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• mbrieve
                      • Jul 2008

That seller's listing got me to thinking about the Tigers Dugout Store at the Old Tiger Stadium. If I remember it correctly, all proceeds from the store went to Sparky Anderson's charity.

Other things I remember from the store:

1) Alan Trammell and Cecil Fielder game used bats were displayed on the back wall behind the cash register for $150

2) Game used bats of lesser players were placed in large bins and were $25--this is where I picked up my Pete Incaviglia and Louis Whitaker bats

3) Game used/issued bats of stars from other teams in a separate bin.

No idea what else was sold in the store, but would love to hear some additional information from other Detroit area collectors. What years was it in operation? Pricing? etc. Thanks!

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                        • Jul 2010

awesome tiger (jackson) collection!!!
                        All collections need a starting point, maybe I'll throw in a couple of Cabrera jerseys and bats. I love the Tigers road jerseys.

Comment

• mbrieve
                          • Jul 2008

Austin Jackson has a signing with DC Sports next month, in case you are interested in getting any of that geared signed:

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                            • Jul 2010

Austin Jackson has a signing with DC Sports next month, in case you are interested in getting any of that geared signed:

http://www.detroitcitysports.com/ser...hsignings/Page

I've been seriously debating on what to have signed.

Comment

• mbrieve
                              • Jul 2008

Deivi Cruz GU Rawlings black bat - knob stamping indicates it is from 1999

I always have a soft spot for Tigers' shortstops and he held that position for five seasons (holding that position the longest since Trammell). Also, like the fact that he was the starting shortstop at the last game at Tiger Stadium.

Comment

• tigerdale
                                • Dec 2007

That seller's listing got me to thinking about the Tigers Dugout Store at the Old Tiger Stadium. If I remember it correctly, all proceeds from the store went to Sparky Anderson's charity.

Other things I remember from the store:

1) Alan Trammell and Cecil Fielder game used bats were displayed on the back wall behind the cash register for $150

2) Game used bats of lesser players were placed in large bins and were $25--this is where I picked up my Pete Incaviglia and Louis Whitaker bats

3) Game used/issued bats of stars from other teams in a separate bin.

No idea what else was sold in the store, but would love to hear some additional information from other Detroit area collectors. What years was it in operation? Pricing? etc. Thanks!
                                Those are great memories....I remember my first two bats I bought there, Rich Rowland & Shawn Hare...then the store moved into the 'tiger plaza' area when that was added on to the stadium. The tigers had an 'authentics' area..I still have a couple framed photos, 16x20 size I think..of Easley & Matt Anderson that say tiger authentics along the bottom (I waited until they blew these out to buy them). I also picked up a Tram & Whitaker bats there, seems both were 25 or 50 at the time. You'd see hats & helmets from time to time....great memories.
                                Thank you, Dale
                                tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

Working...