Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

A few recent pickups....the batting helmet and Don Kelly BP jersey were acquired at TigerFest. The helmet came from the Foundation tent, there have been a number of #26's over the last 6-8 years, my best guess would be Mike Hessman in 2008. He only played in 12 games with just five on the road. Also added Carlos Guillen's JRD day jerseys from 2010. It is MLB authenticated and has a number of great dirt/grass stains. The final piece while mot game worn was too cool to pass up on eBay and will look great framed next to my Tiger jerseys.
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Quote Originally Posted by russyurk View Post
    The helmet came from the Foundation tent, there have been a number of #26's over the last 6-8 years, my best guess would be Mike Hessman in 2008. He only played in 12 games with just five on the road.
    What does the date wheel inside say?

The helmet came from the Foundation tent, there have been a number of #26's over the last 6-8 years, my best guess would be Mike Hessman in 2008.
    Hessman only wore #26 in 2008, that style helmet was last used in 2006. If it was from 2006 that would have been Chris "Red Pop" Shelton. Check the date code on the inside of the helmet, there should be a wheel of numbers with an arrow pointing to the year and maybe even the month. Be sure to let us know what year it is from, I'd like to find out who's helmet you actually got.

When I got home last weekend I looked for a date code and didn't see one. I assumed that Rawlings did use them but I just found it hidden under the warning sticker. As you can see the arrow points to 4, there is a 9 to the left but the other number is a bit tricky with the glob of plastic. There is also a quarter sized MLB hologram with an 11 character code, is that significant at all? Thanks for your assistance.

When I got home last weekend I looked for a date code and didn't see one. I assumed that Rawlings did use them but I just found it hidden under the warning sticker. As you can see the arrow points to 4, there is a 9 to the left but the other number is a bit tricky with the glob of plastic. There is also a quarter sized MLB hologram with an 11 character code, is that significant at all? Thanks for your assistance.
    Looks like 4 and 06 to me. I would say Chris Shelton used in 2006. Pretty cool item for $30...I think I was actually in the tent when you bought it. One of the interns was wearing it, right?

Yes that was me, it was the last helmet they had. I thought about Shelton but the wear is minimal. There are a few scuffs and a little pine tar that can be seen on the left side in my rear view photo. Perhaps he wore it after being called back up in September. Either way it was a great add for $30.

Great pickups Russ, I saw the intern wearing it too. I still say if Shelton hadn't gotten off to his hot start in 06, the tigers would have never had the season they had. Check inside the ear flap too, a lot of the road helmets got authenticated inside the ear flap & its easy to miss.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

I was thinking 90 rather than 06. Doesn't the year stamp rotate with the arrow from month to month?

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    I was thinking 90 rather than 06. Doesn't the year stamp rotate with the arrow from month to month?
    there was no MLB Authentication program back in 1990

Carlos Guillen Game Issued Jerseys 2010.-