Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • russyurk
    • May 2008

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Thanks for the feedback guys. When researching the TATC jerseys I found the photos below, it definitely appears that they were worn at home. I assume the other is the road version that was never worn.
    Attached Files
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Comment

• jppopma
      • Mar 2006

Thanks for disproving the information that I had been told that they were game issued. The ones that I have are the home version, and I have only seen photos of the away. I had checked on getty and it shows the Tigers wearing their normal away jerseys for the 18th and entire series.

Does anyone have any other pictures of the away Tigers TATC jersey? I'd be interested to see some with the names and numbers on them. From what I have read, it was the Red Sox jerseys who did not come in on time. You would think that the Tigers would have had theirs made up by then.

Again, thanks for the information...I had thought all along that they were all just issued. Makes me wonder where the aways all ended up....

Comment

• russyurk
        • May 2008

So is anybody taking Marc up on his grab bag offer?? I have no interest especially when his $250 jerseys are probably worth closer to $100-$125. The 2009 Negro League throwbacks that he's listed on mlb.com recently have gone for next to nothing. Bonderman and Fien closed at $111 & $110 respectively. I actually sent him a $125 offer for any low end player he had left and of course he didn't even respond. I'm guessing those will end up in the grab bag mess.

Hello. After the recent success of the Game Used Jersey Grab Bag on MLB.com Auctions, I decided to make this item available for each of you. I will make 50 jerseys grab bags, the first 50 people to order will get one. This offer expires on Wednesday March 7. Each grab bag will be $400. The jerseys in the grab bag will be valued between $250 and $5000. Yes, that is correct. I will put one Verlander jersey in a grab bag. (The last one I have.)

Once the orders are in, I will select the jerseys and give them to another staff member to put into bags. I will have no knowledge of what jersey is in each bag. To me, this is the most fair way to do this.

Please call with questions or to place an order.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by russyurk
          So is anybody taking Marc up on his grab bag offer?? I have no interest especially when his $250 jerseys are probably worth closer to $100-$125. The 2009 Negro League throwbacks that he's listed on mlb.com recently have gone for next to nothing. Bonderman and Fien closed at $111 & $110 respectively. I actually sent him a $125 offer for any low end player he had left and of course he didn't even respond. I'm guessing those will end up in the grab bag mess.

Hello. After the recent success of the Game Used Jersey Grab Bag on MLB.com Auctions, I decided to make this item available for each of you. I will make 50 jerseys grab bags, the first 50 people to order will get one. This offer expires on Wednesday March 7. Each grab bag will be $400. The jerseys in the grab bag will be valued between $250 and $5000. Yes, that is correct. I will put one Verlander jersey in a grab bag. (The last one I have.)

Once the orders are in, I will select the jerseys and give them to another staff member to put into bags. I will have no knowledge of what jersey is in each bag. To me, this is the most fair way to do this.

Please call with questions or to place an order.

Realistically, what 2011 Tiger besides Verlander, Cabrera, or Vmart is worth the $400 investment? $400 is too much of a gamble to end up with a Brayan Villarreal jersey.

Comment

• marino13
            • Feb 2010

Picked up a Justin Verlander's Strikeout game used baseball.

Been searching for one and finally got one!

Hologram number FJ003703 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
            Session Product Description:
            Session Name: NYY AT DET
            Session Date: May 13, 2010
            Autographer:
            Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
            Additional Information: 5TH INNING PITCH IN THE DIRT/STRIKE OUT BY GREG GOLSON, PITCHER JUSTIN VERLANDER

Now I will have to wait for Verlander next signing - it would be cool if he can sign it!

Also picked up a dugout's lineup card from one of Verlander Wins! Pretty cool one of one item - in my book!

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
              • Jul 2010

Let's bump this up since Spring Training has started. Recent 2011 Jackson Pick ups! GO TIGERS!!
              Attached Files

Comment

• tigerdale
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by marino13
                Picked up a Justin Verlander's Strikeout game used baseball.

Been searching for one and finally got one!

Hologram number FJ003703 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
                Session Name: NYY AT DET
                Session Date: May 13, 2010
                Autographer:
                Additional Information: 5TH INNING PITCH IN THE DIRT/STRIKE OUT BY GREG GOLSON, PITCHER JUSTIN VERLANDER

Now I will have to wait for Verlander next signing - it would be cool if he can sign it!

Also picked up a dugout's lineup card from one of Verlander Wins! Pretty cool one of one item - in my book!
                great baseball!! Check out this one...a 2 strikeout ball from his 20th win!!!!
                Hologram number FJ745844 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.

Session Name: DET AT MIN
                Session Date: August 27, 2011
                Autographer:
                Additional Information: PITCH BY JUSTIN VERLANDER TO BEN REVERE, K, PITCH TO TREVOR PLOUFFE, K. PITCH TO JUSTIN MOURNEAU, FOUL TIP, BOTTOM OF 3RD.
                always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                Thank you, Dale
                tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• marino13
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by tigerdale
                  Hologram number FJ745844 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.

Autographer:
                  Additional Information: PITCH BY JUSTIN VERLANDER TO BEN REVERE, K, PITCH TO TREVOR PLOUFFE, K. PITCH TO JUSTIN MOURNEAU, FOUL TIP, BOTTOM OF 3RD.

That is SICK!

Let me know when you decide to part with it! Wouldnt mind having it in my collection!

Comment

• marino13
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by tigerdale

Autographer:

That has to be the LONGEST timespan for a game ball and it must have been a couple "Good morning, good afternoon and good night - two times to be exact!

The same baseballs being used in at least 7 consecutive pitches - that must be a record on its own!

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                      • Jul 2010

Turn ahead the clock Tigers jersey is listed for next weeks Tigers auctions.

Comment

• russyurk
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
                        http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=178734119

Turn ahead the clock Tigers jersey is listed for next weeks Tigers auctions.
                        Should be interesting, they've been going for around $320-$350 the last year or so. The suppy has to be running out about now.

Comment

• xmartyx
                          • Jun 2010

Just got back from Spring Training, and I ended up getting a couple nice pieces for my collection. The first day I got a pair of Prince Fielder game used batting gloves. The second day I got another Prince Fielder batting glove. On the last day of my trip, I added Prince Fielder's very first game-used broken bat as a Detroit Tiger.

These don't have Fielder's usual "Fielder" stitched into the wristband, but I watched him pull them out of his back pocket and give them to me, so I don't care. Plus, there is photos of him wearing them as well.

I've found pictures of this bat still intact on Getty, but if anyone can get a photo of it breaking, that would be great. It was broke on March 10th.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by xmartyx
                            Just got back from Spring Training, and I ended up getting a couple nice pieces for my collection. The first day I got a pair of Prince Fielder game used batting gloves. The second day I got another Prince Fielder batting glove. On the last day of my trip, I added Prince Fielder's very first game-used broken bat as a Detroit Tiger.

These don't have Fielder's usual "Fielder" stitched into the wristband, but I watched him pull them out of his back pocket and give them to me, so I don't care. Plus, there is photos of him wearing them as well.

I've found pictures of this bat still intact on Getty, but if anyone can get a photo of it breaking, that would be great. It was broke on March 10th.
                            Awesome bat! How did you manage to acquire that?

Comment

• xmartyx
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
                              Awesome bat! How did you manage to acquire that?
                              I talked to Fielder about it a few days before, and I've gotten to know the right people. Pretty pumped to have added it to my collection. I can only imagine how much they are going to be asking for Fielder's items in the email list.

Comment

• russyurk
                                • May 2008

I just picked up Bobby Seay's Negro League throwback worn on August 1, 2009 at Cleveland. Bobby was the winning pitcher that day.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...