X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tigerdale
    • Dec 2007

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

great jerseys Russ!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• marino13
      • Feb 2010

Now that the TIGERS in the WORLD SERIES and Cabrera's triple crown season, is it a good time to to buy or is it a better time to sell?

PS. No way I am paying what Marc is asking but then again, there will be some deep-pocket collectibles who willing to spend the asking price.

Comment

• R_Aaronson
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by marino13
        Now that the TIGERS in the WORLD SERIES and Cabrera's triple crown season, is it a good time to to buy or is it a better time to sell?
        I wouldn't buy or sell right now (unless you want to sell me something for cheap) unless you can find an item for a reasonable price (to buy) which is unlikely, or you can find a sucker -- oops, I mean person -- to sell to for a high price.

Me personally, I am holding on to all my Cabrera stuff because he is far from done accumulating stats, milestones, records, etc. and eventually a plaque in Cooperstown.

-Randy

Comment

• xmartyx
          • Jun 2010

Now is definitely the time to sell for Cabrera. His stuff is probably as high as it's going to get. Might get a little higher if he wins the MVP.
          That said, Marc's prices are still crazy on his stuff. The prices he's asking for Cabrera items would be NICE down payments on houses. Are people really buying jerseys for $15K?

Comment

• russyurk
            • May 2008

Has anyonepicked up anything from the World Series? I've left Marc multiple voicemails and sentmultiple e-mails and can't get a response. I know others have had good experienceswith him but I've always found him borderline rude, less than helpful and condescendingbut at least he sold me what I wanted. I’vebeen trying to buy the same jersey since last Sunday and I can’t even get aresponse. I’d love to hear what othershave experienced. THIS is what will drive me out of the hobby, dealing with guys like him.
            Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by russyurk
              Has anyonepicked up anything from the World Series? I've left Marc multiple voicemails and sentmultiple e-mails and can't get a response. I know others have had good experienceswith him but I've always found him borderline rude, less than helpful and condescendingbut at least he sold me what I wanted. I’vebeen trying to buy the same jersey since last Sunday and I can’t even get aresponse. I’d love to hear what othershave experienced. THIS is what will drive me out of the hobby, dealing with guys like him.
              Good luck and "May the force be with you!"

Comment

• swainer
                • Feb 2012

I've had positive experiences with Marc. I've had four or five dealings with him and all have been great. I agree his prices are high but he's given me discounts when purchasing multiple items. I've had good luck on him both returning my emails and voicemails. But I have had to hound him a time or two. That stinks your experiences haven't been the same. Guess I've been lucky so far...

Peace,

John
                Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com

Comment

• marino13
                  • Feb 2010

With the average of 6-9 purchases annually with Marc, I have not had one bad experience. Been buying stuff for about four years straight.

Sometime he is just plain busy - but he always call and email and so forth.

Comment

• russyurk
                    • May 2008

I've worked in sports my entire career (20 years) so I get “busy” but unfortunatelythere were no more home games after last Sunday. The frustrating part, as youfellow collectors know, all jerseys are not the same to us. We're not orderinggeneric widgets where if you don't get widget A, you can get widget B and itdoesn't matter. I e-mailed him last Sunday trying to order a particular jersey,and then followed that up with another stating that if my first choice wasn’tavailable I'd be interested in two other players. More than 24 hours later hedoes reply that my first choice was “SOLD” and never acknowledged my otherrequest. On Wednesday his updated list comes out and my second choice was gonebut #3 was still available. I replied to his e-mail four minutes after he senthis AND called immediately and still haven't received a response. (I called andemailed numerous the rest of the week as well.) I’m sure he’s a nice guy but the complete lack of service is staggering.

Comment

• russyurk
                      • May 2008

I was very fortunate to add a second Tiger Stadium final game jersey. This one was worn by Dave Mlicki and honored former #29 Tiger greats Mickey Lolich and Aurelio Lopez. The final game jerseys are some of my favorite game worn items.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• jppopma
                        • Mar 2006

I've heard the same complaint in the past with him. If things get bad enough, it may ruin his market for Tigers items.

Comment

• xmartyx
                          • Jun 2010

Haven't gotten around to posting a ton of stuff I got over the summer, but I just got this and had to post it.

Pretty excited to add this to my collection, especially since I had to sell one of my Miggy bats to buy WS tickets (biggest mistake ever). Fits nicely into the empty spot.

Comment

• R_Aaronson
                            • Jul 2011

Thought I'd get this thread going again...

I picked these up a few months ago, just getting around to posting

GU Miggy road cleats style matched to the first part of the 2008 season

-Randy
                            Attached Files

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
                              • Nov 2012

This thread is why i love collecting. After going through 52 pages, I have a huge smile on my face

If anyone wants to part with anything Trammell, Whitaker, Sparky, or Bergman, please email me.

I would also love to get my hands on one of the 1993 Orange BP jerseys!

wesholden at gmail dot com

Comment

• IronpigsJared
                                • Jan 2013

Managed to get this bat from Don Kelly (Walk-Off Sacrifice Fly in game 2 of 2012 ALDS)
                                Was used during Game 1 of a doubleheader vs the Lehigh Valley Ironpigs on August 21, 2012.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...