Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarronMarkwood
    • May 2014

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Thanks for your help! I'll drop him an e-mail so I can get on his list for game used items as I definitely have interest!

Comment

• DarronMarkwood
      • May 2014

BTW... if anyone would want to work a deal to trade some game used items, please feel free to contact me at darronm@yahoo.com. Have a lot of game used and certified autograph items to trade and would be willing to work on cash deals. Mainly looking for game used Tigers hats/jerseys and Red Wings game used skates and gloves from Hockeytown Authentics. I can send my collection list so you can see what I have and would be willing to meet to make the transaction happen. A few people have dealt with me here - you also can check my ebay feedback by searching darrons there. Have a few items that I am looking to move... game used sticks, signed items. Thanks as always!

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
        • Nov 2012

I have added some significant items to my Lou Whitaker collection in the past week. All items in this group came directly from Lou's personal collection and were framed/displayed in his home (the glove was not on display).

These were the 3 jerseys that he wore during his final season in 1995, including the elusive Sunday home alternate jersey and pants that were only worn 1 game (Sunday, 5/7/95 vs BOS) before being abandoned by the team. The home jersey is tagged 1994 and is a carry over that was worn throughout 1995. The road jersey is tagged 1995 and was worn in his final game on October 1, 1995 in Baltimore (photo of that game below). Given the amount of wear on this jersey, he could have worn it for every road game that year. I believe the glove is from 2001 and is a PRO200-6.

I am hoping that I can get a couple of high resolution photos to conclusively photo match the jersey and helmet (I have his 1995 road helmet to match the jersey), which should be pretty easy to match give the wear and markings.

Comment

• swainer
          • Feb 2012

Wes,

Congrats!!!! Amazing grail pieces!!!

Peace,

John
          Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com

Comment

• DarronMarkwood
            • May 2014

Just wanted to give a Thank You to our guy JoeTiger for helping me out on a Tigers game used item. Gave Marc an email and call as I'm going to buy a few items direct from Tigers Authentics. He's been busy lately but hoping to add a few new pieces in the collection. Anyone else have any game used stuff from Tigers they are looking to move? Moving some stuff on ebay to generate cash, but I'm always up for some kind of trade too. Have certified stuff from all four sports. Great bunch of guys on this thread that I've done deals with - appreciate the help!

Comment

• spartanservitto
              • May 2010

Got my V mart items signed including his 3rd career grand slam bat.
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
              My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
              My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• joetiger83
                • Aug 2012

Good stuff Tony!!! A grand slam bat eludes my collection still.

Happy to help Darron

Comment

• DarronMarkwood
                  • May 2014

Great stuff Tony! I am picking up my VMart game used hat tomorrow. Thought it was a BP hat (per MLB hologram), but after talking with Marc from Tigers, found out it was a game used hat based on his sig. Couldn't make the signing due to other stuff, but your items turned out great. Let me know if you ever want to swing a trade for items Tony. Sounds like you have a great collection going - and wouldn't mind showing you a few of my items too. Thanks again Joe for the communication and the Torii. Need DC Sports to line up some guys for me to sign a few outstanding items. Anyone looking to trade or sell game used items from the Wings or Tigers???

Comment

• tigerdale
                    • Dec 2007

Awesome Vmart items Tony!!!!!
                    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                    Thank you, Dale
                    tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• DarronMarkwood
                      • May 2014

Just posting something to get this back on the front page. Been lucky enough to pick up some great items lately - props to JoeTiger for some help on a Torii item. Anyone else looking to move some items? Thought I would throw it out there. Picked up a few of the July 4th hats from Tigers Authentics direct... and the Fiesta Tigres jerseys are up for auction right now. check it out. Thanks!

Comment

• joetiger83
                        • Aug 2012

Picked this up earlier this week. Love the trade for Price but was sad to see AJ go. Really happy with the authentication.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• DarronMarkwood
                          • May 2014

That's a great piece Joe. Saw the Tigers' email on the Jackson stuff and almost tempted to pick up a game used jersey for $200 while I'm down there for the Pirates game on Thursday. Either way, I'll be buying something while I'm down at the stadium. Picked up a few of the July 4th hats too and Cabrera framed 16x20 from Take 2 Authentics last week. Hoping to see some more signings on the DC Sports agenda.

Anyone crazy enough to head down to the Hockeyfest? I have a lot of game used stuff I need signed by the Red Wings but not sure I want to battle the crowds or deal with the autograph lines down there. Thoughts?

BTW... if anyone is looking to trade stuff or move some Tigers items, feel free to hit me up at darronm@yahoo.com. Have plenty of stuff to trade - looking for Tigers/Wings game used stuff. Thanks!

Comment

• ShaimOnYou
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2014

Here's something right up your alley. Cool set if you're a Tigers fan, especially the inscription by Fielder. And it's a Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown jersey.

Back-to-back at Fenway. Heck, I may take a shot at these. More affordable than the Gretzky.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by ShaimOnYou
                              Here's something right up your alley. Cool set if you're a Tigers fan, especially the inscription by Fielder. And it's a Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown jersey.

Back-to-back at Fenway. Heck, I may take a shot at these. More affordable than the Gretzky.
                              That Prince jersey dropped to reality the second he was traded. "Best Wishes" is kind of lame. If you go after them, I hope you win. A Triple Crown jersey would be a nice addition to any collection.

Comment

• ShaimOnYou
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
                                That Prince jersey dropped to reality the second he was traded. "Best Wishes" is kind of lame. If you go after them, I hope you win. A Triple Crown jersey would be a nice addition to any collection.
                                Thanks for the well wishes as I did take a shot at them but am already outbid. What else is new?

Sounds like you're not a fan of Prince's, or maybe it's just paying Prince's prices because of the contract he got. I don't think Miguel gets that Triple Crown without Prince's protection in the line-up. So the pitchers picked their poison and the rest is history. Prince is gone and Miguel isn't seeing the same pitches this year. And predictably, his numbers are down. Not a lot, but down none the less. The two together were the dynamic duo. If I were a big Detroit fan, I'd be unhappy about Prince's departure, even with the tough year he had last year. But hey, how would you feel if Avisail Garcia was mowing your lawn while you weren't home?

But I have to ask, you think "Best Wishes" is kind of lame? What better salutation could you get from a ballplayer?

Babe Ruth would grace certain signatures with "Sincerely". Lou Gehrig, "Yours truly" or "Cordially". That pretty much leaves those personalizations taken for the ages. I've seen "Best Wishes" on some super pieces from Ted Williams, Mickey Mantle, and Willie Mays, among others. Now Miguel and Prince too.

In collecting I've always found that when a player adds anything it's a step up from nothing at all. The personalization adds value to the piece when it's done in the players own hand. I kind of wish these jerseys weren't decked out in inscriptions because they will cost more now. But if I decide to bid again, should I win them, I'll be thrilled.

Chris

Comment

Working...