Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

The 2006 Detroit Tigers starting rotation.........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

The 2012 Detroit Tigers starting rotation....
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

The Tigers 2017 starting rotation...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Call me old fashioned, but I miss the rings on Rawlings bats. Is it just me? Beautiful bats, by the way.

Lance Parrish 1984 sourced glove with PSA/DNA. Glove was given to a friend of Lance whom is now in his 90's (Cecil).

ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Lance Parrish 1984 sourced glove with PSA/DNA. Glove was given to a friend of Lance whom is now in his 90's (Cecil).

I'm guessing this is Cecil Johnson. He was a one-time minor league pitcher turned sportswriter for the Holland Sentinel. He lived in my childhood neighborhood in Holland, Michigan and was the reason I got into collecting.

I had the privilege of viewing his collection on several occasions--easily the most extensive private collection I had ever seen in person to date.

He collected all teams/players, but he focused most on Lance Parrish--I remember several jerseys, bats and cleats. This glove was probably his most prized possession. I remember a local television reporter from WOOD TV, Warren Reynolds, did a feature story on his collection, which ended with one of them using the Lance Parrish glove to play catch.

All the years I knew him, I wanted to buy a few pieces from his collection. My dad inquired maybe 15-20 years ago for me and at that time was told he had sold almost all of it in bulk, but had kept some of the collection, his Lance Parrish collection specifically.

All of that to say, nice pickup! Look for an e-mail from me.

That Parrish glove is sweet. That bright orange outline on his glove is such a fond memory to me of growing up watching 80's baseball.

If anyone comes across any Warwick Saupold items I'd be appreciated on the heads up. Or Zac Shephard, Jack O'laughlin, Ulrich Bojarski MiLB.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by joecoco View Post
    Call me old fashioned, but I miss the rings on Rawlings bats. Is it just me? Beautiful bats, by the way.
    Agree, I think the colored rings were great. That Fulmer is really nice, would be even better with an orange ring, in my opinion.

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Quote Originally Posted by TigersCubs84 View Post
    Agree, I think the colored rings were great. That Fulmer is really nice, would be even better with an orange ring, in my opinion.
    Same here. I especially liked the team-based color coding of the rings on blonde bats. They sometimes helped to date bats more precisely with pre-1980 Adirondacks.

Dave Miedema