Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Omar Infante & Carlos Guillen road batting helmets authenticated October 5, 2006 in New York during ALDS.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

My first two Tigers GU....Luis Pujols from '01 and Nate Cornejo spring training 2000.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Cornejo stuff always makes me sad. I don't think there's any other player in the Tigers' organization in the last fifteen years that I thought would be more likely to make everyone like us covet his jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    the Cordero came from the tigers auction site only about 3 months ago.....it is psa/dna authenticated too. I remember reading an article after the last game at tiger stadium how the tigers had brought in psa/dna to authenticated balls, jerseys, hats, etc...I waited 10 years to get one of those!!
    Dale - GREAT JERSEY! Can you post pictures of the tagging and PSA/DNA authentication for future reference? Thanks.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Here are my four Jack Hannahan jerseys from 2006. He was only up for a week or so and only got into 3 games. The untagged road and one of the home jerseys' lettering and wash tags show very light use (probably from one wash). What is interesting is when I got him to sign one of the jerseys at a game, he said he had kept some of his Tigers jerseys, but I can't see why the Tigers would issue a mid-season callup more than 2 jerseys of each style. I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Chris
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

got to be honest i think i love the magglio all star cleates the most......

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    Here are my four Jack Hannahan jerseys from 2006. He was only up for a week or so and only got into 3 games. The untagged road and one of the home jerseys' lettering and wash tags show very light use (probably from one wash). What is interesting is when I got him to sign one of the jerseys at a game, he said he had kept some of his Tigers jerseys, but I can't see why the Tigers would issue a mid-season callup more than 2 jerseys of each style. I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Chris
    Seems like he could've meant bp and/or st? I would have to think that Hannahan had plenty of st jerseys, and I can't remember seeing any in the wild.

Thanks Frink,

That was the only thing I could think of. From what I remember, Jack was invited to three spring trainings. Still, it is a little odd that a guy who had been in the minors for six years and who may never even got his "cup of coffee" wouldn't have wanted at least one of the jerseys from the call up. I also have his road helmet from the callup...wish I could have landed the home one too.

Chris,

another thing to consider is the ones that are not year tagged, like one of your road jerseys pictured means it is also from the same year tagged 2006 jersey's.

Dmitri Young's first season with the Tigers was 2002, i have seen in the Tigers Inventory of older jerseys five 2002 #26 Young 3 Patch ST jersey's, 3 home, 2 road, 1 home jersey had the correct Tigers 100 yr Chartered Member patch,and the other 4 had the regular standard MLB 100 yr patch, and all showed wash wear, plus i have a pic of Young wearing a road jersey with the standard 100 yr. MLB patch., which means anything and any amount of jerseys prepared/worn by a player was possible with the Detroit Tigers.

Chris, I would say you have the Mother Load of Tigers Jack Hannahan jersey's.

LB

Quote Originally Posted by larry bourget View Post
    Chris,

another thing to consider is the ones that are not year tagged, like one of your road jerseys pictured means it is also from the same year tagged 2006 jersey's.

Dmitri Young's first season with the Tigers was 2002, i have seen in the Tigers Inventory of older jerseys five 2002 #26 Young 3 Patch ST jersey's, 3 home, 2 road, 1 home jersey had the correct Tigers 100 yr Chartered Member patch,and the other 4 had the regular standard MLB 100 yr patch, and all showed wash wear, plus i have a pic of Young wearing a road jersey with the standard 100 yr. MLB patch., which means anything and any amount of jerseys prepared/worn by a player was possible with the Detroit Tigers.

Chris, I would say you have the Mother Load of Tigers Jack Hannahan jersey's.

LB

Thanks Larry! I wasn't sure if there was a specific number of each style of jersey that was issued to players...that was exactly the info I was looking for.

Chris