X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Originally posted by tigerdale
    A few Verlander items fom his big season...the lineup card from his 24th win, a ball from his no hitter, a ball from his 20th win that is authenticated to 2 strikeouts & finally, maybe my favorite, the ball Erick Aybar bunted against Verlander in the 8th inning trying to break up a no hitter in late July...
    Nice items. Congrats on the pickups.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Comment

• mbrieve
      • Jul 2008

Neifi Perez and Craig Monroe game used bats from their time with the Tigers

Comment

• tigerdale
        • Dec 2007

A couple Justin Verlander bats from the 2011 season purchased from the tigers...
        Attached Files
        always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
        Thank you, Dale
        tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• spartanservitto
          • May 2010

A couple Justin Verlander bats from the 2011 season purchased from the tigers...
          Were those verlanders issued? I got the end of season email and that was what they were described as... those look like gamers!!!! What pick ups, especially if for the price that they were offered.

-Tony
          sigpic
          Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
          My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
          My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• tigerdale
            • Dec 2007

The first one I bought in the summer after interleague play & was happy w/ the usage...the second I bought from the end of the year 'issued' email & was shocked when it came used! The second has a date of 9/27/11, so I'm sure it was ordered for post season & used during BP....still 2 cool bats from the AL MVP!!
            always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
            Thank you, Dale
            tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• spartanservitto
              • May 2010

The first one I bought in the summer after interleague play & was happy w/ the usage...the second I bought from the end of the year 'issued' email & was shocked when it came used! The second has a date of 9/27/11, so I'm sure it was ordered for post season & used during BP....still 2 cool bats from the AL MVP!!
              Dale,

I knew I should have jumped on that email.... great bat.

-Tony
              sigpic
              Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
              My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
              My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• MUSEOVEN
                • Aug 2007

Brayan Villareal Game Used Jersey And Glove.-
                Attached Files

Comment

• coxfan
                  • Feb 2009

MLB.com is presently selling a number of g-u Detroit balls at fixed prices. They include several Verlander pitches from 2011 postseason series.( Forgive me if somebody already posted this,as this is a very large thread.)

Comment

• tigerdale
                    • Dec 2007

I found a photo of Verlander during BP practice before game 3 of the ALCS...matches the one I posted a couple days earlier!! Thank you to Rich (as always) for putting it all together!!
                    Attached Files
                    Thank you, Dale
                    tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• Frink
                      • Jun 2007

Hey fellas!

I recently picked up a 2011 Verlander Game-Issued from Himelstein (with the Sparky patch and inventory tag for $400), but I'm confused and concerned by the wash code tag. It's Cool Base, so i would've expected it to be wash code 0063. Instead, I've got 0630. Has anyone ever seen this code before? Should I be concerned?

In addition, the Majestic tag on the tail has Jim Schmackel's initials, followed by an "N". Does anyone know what that might've been intended to indicate?

Thanks for any help.

Larry

Comment

• xmartyx
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Frink
                        Hey fellas!

I recently picked up a 2011 Verlander Game-Issued from Himelstein (with the Sparky patch and inventory tag for $400), but I'm confused and concerned by the wash code tag. It's Cool Base, so i would've expected it to be wash code 0063. Instead, I've got 0630. Has anyone ever seen this code before? Should I be concerned?

In addition, the Majestic tag on the tail has Jim Schmackel's initials, followed by an "N". Does anyone know what that might've been intended to indicate?

Thanks for any help.

Larry
                        I remember seeing a discussion on this before, and I believe the "N" indicates that it was "not used" or "non use". Could be wrong though.
                        At $400, that's a pretty nice alternative to an actual gamer.

Comment

• mbrieve
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by xmartyx
                          I remember seeing a discussion on this before, and I believe the "N" indicates that it was "not used" or "non use". Could be wrong though.
                          At $400, that's a pretty nice alternative to an actual gamer.
                          This is exactly correct. I think there is a more thorough discussion of this a few pages back in this thread. I think it was around this time last year.

Comment

• RASTANIF
                            • Apr 2006

I picked a Verlander as well. Mine is 0063 wash tag but has an R after the 0063. I thought maybe it meant road due to it being a road jersey but my Boesch road from this year does not have it, just says 0063. The "N" means "N"ot used. Jim puts that on all the issued jerseys they sell so people don't inscribe his initials and sell them on eBay or somewhere else. Kinda good of him to do if you ask me. Too many shady people out there today selling fakes!!
                            RYAN

Comment

• Frink
                              • Jun 2007

Cool, thanks guys. That clears up the "N", but can anyone shed any light on the wash code 0630? I can't find any information about it on the web. I've never seen it or heard of it before.

Comment

• RASTANIF
                                • Apr 2006

I just went through my jerseys. None have that wash code. I've never seen or heard of it either. Maybe you can ask Marc and he could somehow find out. Sometimes he's cool about that kinda stuff and sometimes not so much...it came from the clubhouse so I wouldn't be too concerned but it's definitely not common.
                                RYAN

Comment

Working...