X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Originally posted by ccmunner
    My funds are lacking right now so I need to hold off on the helmets. Thanks.
    Sorry CC; the post was meant for SEK above who expressed a desire for helmets. He has returned my email.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• JCC1968
      • Nov 2005

Re: Detroit Tigers GU looking for tigerdale

Hi

Looking for tigerdale have some super rare tiger pieces I want to show him.

Please contact me at christemsenjason5@gmail.com

Thanks
      Jason

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
        • Nov 2012

I have been casually looking for a Sheffield jersey and stumbled upon this one yesterday locally in Tampa. It was framed and came from Sheffield's personal collection. At first it was a head scratcher because the Tigers did not wear this style in 2007 and 2008, but with a little bit of research I found a turn back the clock game that was played on June 2, 2007 where the Tigers wore these uniforms. The jersey has a few light spots of staining and a custom hem. At first the hem had me concerned but I found several examples of his jerseys being hemmed in 2007. I am very happy to add this jersey to my collection, especially since these Tigers pullover jerseys are very difficult to find!
        Attached Files

Comment

• swainer
          • Feb 2012

Great pickup, Wes! I hope you are well!
          Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com

Comment

• swainer
            • Feb 2012

Picked up this neat jersey. 1974 Ron Leflore home jersey. I picked it up from a family member of Jimmy Karalla's. For those that don't know, Jimmy was in prison with Leflore and is credited with getting him a tryout with then Tiger's manager Billy Martin. It had been in their closet since 1976 when Leflore gave it to them. It appears the jersey may have been used through 76 spring training. The NOB appears original and unaltered but the jersey underwent a number change. The original number is 42 which makes sense since Leflore wore #42 during the 74 season. He switched to #8 in 75 which I'm assuming this jersey was worn in spring training. As we know, the Tigers were famously "thrifty" and recycled the previous years jersey for use in spring training the following year. What had me scratching my head though is there is an outline of a circular patch on the left sleeve. Which would indicate there was the Detroit version of the Bicentennial patch they wore in 76 on the jersey. So I'm not sure if the jersey was only worn in spring training in 75 and retired until spring training of 76 or worn during the 75 season as well. Regardless it is a pretty cool jersey with a neat story attached. I'm going to send it to Mr. Miedema to ensure my novice jersey examining skills are accurate.

Peace!

John
            Attached Files
            Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com

Comment

• skyking26
              • Dec 2005

Picked up Miguel Cabrera's St. Patrick's Day ensemble; jersey used to hit 3rd homer of the spring and hat pictured below.

Attached Files
              ROBERT KOPPEL
              Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
              and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• tigerdale
                • Dec 2007

John,
                Love that Leflore jersey & the story behind it!!! Great pickup!!
                always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                Thank you, Dale
                tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• TigersCubs84
                  • Feb 2015

That LeFlore is outstanding. I was in H.S. during those years, he was a big favorite. I've got a few great LeFlore stories, most Tiger fans do. Loved that One in a million movie.

Comment

• swainer
                    • Feb 2012

Nice pick up, Bob! Love the St. Paddy's jerseys.

Thanks guys! I like the jersey a lot especially with the story attached to it. I'd LOVE to hear some of your Leflore stories if you're willing to share. Email me if you have time.

Happy Friday!

Peace,

John

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
                      • Nov 2012

Alan Trammell BP Jersey, circa 1979 - 1985.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• sportsbaron
                        • Apr 2006

Here is my 1982 Kirk Gibson gamer
                        Attached Files
                        Visit my site Spartantiques!

Comment

• swainer
                          • Feb 2012

Wes,

That Tram BP jersey is iconic!!!

Sportsbaron,

Your Gibby jersey is amazing! Great piece.

Thanks for sharing guys!

Peace,

John

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2009

WOW! Two great pieces from two of the most important members of the '84 World Champs, before that year. I like 'em!

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sportsbaron
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
                              WOW! Two great pieces from two of the most important members of the '84 World Champs, before that year. I like 'em!

Dave Miedema
                              I had you authenticate this jersey many years ago!
                              Visit my site Spartantiques!

Comment

• tigerdale
                                • Dec 2007

since its been 40 years now since our Bicentennial...........
                                Attached Files
                                always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                                Thank you, Dale
                                tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

Working...