X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • both-teams-played-hard
    • Nov 2005

Re: He's back on ebay.....

Originally posted by sportscentury
    ... I was just adding a few comments, the latter of which was intended to clarify some legal points and poke some fun at Durham D.A. Mike Nifong.
    Regardless of what happens in a courtroom, lacrosse field, or basketball court, for that matter....DUKE STILL SUCKS. We don't care how you do it up in Connecticut.

Comment

• sportscentury
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
      Regardless of what happens in a courtroom, lacrosse field, or basketball court, for that matter....DUKE STILL SUCKS. We don't care how you do it up in Connecticut.
      Warren,

You make a most astute observation. Duke is notably poor in several areas, including pervasive shortcomings in both academics and athletics. I appreciate your eloquent reminder of these dramatic inadequacies. In addition, your interpretation of the Nifong reference was nothing if not on-point.

Reid
      Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• gamebatsports
        • Mar 2006

actually, you'd have to sue for libel, not slander. Libel is a written defemation, slander is spoken.

Comment

• worldchamps
          • Dec 2005

Well here is his new ebay ID tyleralexbasebaseball.

However it is already been cancelled.

Chalk me up on the list of never been paid.

Bill
          sigpic

Comment

• stkmtimo
            • Nov 2005

I'm not sure I know of an attorney who would take a case this weak, except for Durham D.A. Mike Nifong, perhaps.

Best,
            Reid
            So true Reid! There's no issue here.

Tim

Comment

• cjmedina1
              • Oct 2005

I have a question?How do you find out if a ebayer changes their name?

Comment

• GrndSlm
                Banned
                • Jun 2006

I totally agree with anyone posting bad experiences on this forum. This is the reason we have the site to begin with....The Forum is a collectors way of communicating the good, bad and ugly of this hobby !! Plus, I believe Eric and his crew do an excellent job of monitoring any abuse. Lets keep this going.....

Comment

• sportscentury
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by GrndSlm
                  I totally agree with anyone posting bad experiences on this forum. This is the reason we have the site to begin with....The Forum is a collectors way of communicating the good, bad and ugly of this hobby !! Plus, I believe Eric and his crew do an excellent job of monitoring any abuse. Lets keep this going.....
                  Juan,

Well put. I agree 100%.

Reid
                  Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• thomecollector
                    • May 2006

HERE WE GO AGAIN. HIS NEW ID IS BOBFELLERFAN19 . UNBELEIVABLE! HOW DOES HE KEEP COMING BACK ??????
                    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
                    thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• JETEFAN
                      • Dec 2005

If not for this Forum, I would have never known of good, honest and helpful folks like Jim Caravello, Reid, Rob and many others whom have helped me and countless others with great items and soud guidance. It is just as important we know the flip side!! Thanks to all the good guys and shame to all others!!

George

Comment

• sportscentury
                        • Nov 2005

George,

It's nice to see your post ... and I'm glad that I have been of help. Mike Specht (a true gentleman) has once again been helping me with something, for which I'm quite grateful. I'm happy that I am able to give back to the hobby as I continue to be appreciative of the help I get from the hobby.

Reid

Comment

• worldchamps
                          • Dec 2005

I just reported him to ebay, not sure what that will do, but included all of his alias's (sp)

Bill
                          sigpic

Comment

• sportscentury
                            • Nov 2005

Bill,

That should get him kicked off for a short while, but rest assured that he'll be back with another userid. This reminds me of a long-time eBay abuser, named Patrick Timms, out of West Colombia, SC. Patrick collected/collects Atlanta Braves game used items, Star Wars collectibles, and Pearl Jam memorabilia. If you're a longstanding Braves collector (I used to collect Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, and John Smoltz items religiously), then you've probably been screwed over by him at one time or another. He was NOTORIOUS for winning items at high prices and then failing to pay (or even respond to sellers' emails and invoices). He had tons of eBay userids and I finally stopped tracking him (he literally wore me out) but here is an old list of userids that I believe were his: tptstarwars@aol.com, starwarslegacy@aol.com, atlbravosone, quiltvendor, tempestarts@hotmail.com, & carole44@excite.com. eBay kept kicking him off...and he kept hopping back on...it was truly monotonous. I'm sure some other folks can chime in here.

Best of luck with your buddy, Ken. Keep up the good fight.

Reid

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                              • Oct 2005

Best of luck with your buddy, Ken. Keep up the good fight.

Reid

Say, Reid, is this directed at me?? Am I being thin-skinned, or is this some kind of slam?

Ken

Comment

• sportscentury
                                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
                                Say, Reid, is this directed at me?? Am I being thin-skinned, or is this some kind of slam?

Ken
                                Ken,

The other Ken, not you. See the early post by thomecollector from 5/27 below:

Originally posted by thomecollector
                                Just wanted everyone to know that our buddy Ken Golem aka thethrill23,thomefan2579,etc. is back on ebay. His new ID is brutussports. Beware!!!

Comment

Working...