Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: GFC: 1984 Michael Jordan's "first" jersey

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Seeing these seem to be at neutral sites, I don't know which team wore the road jerseys.
    but they're not really at neutral sites. they're played in the state of one of the teams. bulls vs knicks at glen falls was played in ny so i'm guessing it was the knicks who wore home jerseys. game vs. ks kings was played in MO.

rudy.

but they're not really at neutral sites. they're played in the state of one of the teams. bulls vs knicks at glen falls was played in ny so i'm guessing it was the knicks who wore home jerseys. game vs. ks kings was played in MO.
    You are correct sir. I wasn't even checking the teams. The first two I saw were Peoria and St. Louis. Was just thinking random cities for exhibitions. I remember watching the 76ers play an exhibition in Mobile, back in the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Preseason? The game photo looks convincing.

Does it appear that the black vinyl heat-pressed layer of the number "3" is missing?

Is this a camera angle issue?

Could this be evidence of a front number change?
    When these heat-pressed numbers were changed they often would break apart in layers.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Does it appear that the black vinyl heat-pressed layer of the number "3" is missing?

Is this a camera angle issue?
    i believe it's a camera angle/reflection issue. being heat-pressed, the numbers were glossy and thus reflective.

rudy.

Here is a picture of Jordan in a game against the Knicks that shows a similar font Any thoughts? :

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images  

very interesting dave. he's wearing his knee brace. and more interesting is that he's wearing the rare red/black air jordans instead of the red/white/black ones. the ones warren said he had never seen him wear in a game, except for the all-star game. the bulls DID have an exhibition game against the knicks in glen falls. the knicks would've worn their home jerseys in that game. now listen..the FIRST time the bulls played the knicks in NY in the regular season was on nov 8. now, that pic can't be from nov 8 because the FIRST time jordan debuted the air jordans in the regular season was on nov 17. the next time the bulls were in NY was on jan 5 and lastly on mar 14. dave do you have any sort of date on that picture? if it's prior to jan 5 then it must be the exhibition game in glen falls.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Here is a picture of Jordan in a game against the Knicks that shows a similar font Any thoughts? :

Dave
    #42 in the pic is pat cummings. the pic can only be from 3 possible games. pat cummings may not have played in all 3. maybe greg can find the boxscores from those 3 games and figure out which one(s) cummings played in. that might nail exactly which game the pic is from.

rudy.

Also, can any Jordan shoe guys tell us what shoes he is wearing in that picture? He played his first game against against the Knickas @ the Knicks on November 8, 1984> It was the 7th game of his career

Dave

Rudy,

You answered my questions while I was typing, thanks...I don't have a date for that photo unfortunately

Dave