Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mounted Memories Hologram Sticker Question

Just got in a Pujols Autoed Jersey. I am sort of skeptical just the fact that although there is a Mounted Memories Hologram sticker, it didn't come with a COA. The sticker itself does not have a serial number to even enter in the mounted memories database for verification. It's just a hologram sticker w/"Mounted Memories" on it. My question is..did MM ever do this? This is on a Pujols 2009 All Star Patch Cardinals Jersey.

Re: Mounted Memories Hologram Sticker Question

Can you post a pic of the holo?

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    Can you post a pic of the holo?

Sorry I don't have better pics. But this is the pic from the auction. It's basically an oval shape hologram w/the Mounted Memories logo name on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160357030354

Mounted Memories does not number their holograms like MLB. See the picture below for comparison with yours.

MM has offered Pujols signed items in the past, but I have not seen an autographed Pujols item from MM since he signed with Upper Deck.

MM does not currently list a Pujols jersey on their site, and none of the Pujols items they have available are signed:

http://www.mountedmemories.com/St-Lo...s&searchType=3

All of the signed 2009 Pujols All Star jerseys I have seen were signed for Upper Deck and feature the Upper Deck Authenticated hologram:

http://store.upperdeck.com/Products/...PID-71999.aspx

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I wouldn't touch that jersey with 10 ft pole.

First, it's one of those cheap China jerseys. Look at the lettering, it's cheap.

Second, Mounted Memories now has holograms with serial numbers, and since the jersey is a "2009 AS" jersey, it would have this hologram on it.

Guarantee the autograph is bogus to, I just cant see it from the small picture.

Not sure who to believe...the seller states "None of Mounted Memories Merchandise come with #'s even those that have COAs'. I will email you what they normally have on the COAs when they accompany the merchandise. " But on the MM site, they display a sticker example with serial numbers.

As for the quality of the jersey, the jersey isn't bad at all. It looks pretty nice. I have no complaints on the material/quality of the jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by rj_lucas View Post
    Mounted Memories does not number their holograms like MLB. See the picture below for comparison with yours.

MM has offered Pujols signed items in the past, but I have not seen an autographed Pujols item from MM since he signed with Upper Deck.

MM does not currently list a Pujols jersey on their site, and none of the Pujols items they have available are signed:

http://www.mountedmemories.com/St-Lo...s&searchType=3

All of the signed 2009 Pujols All Star jerseys I have seen were signed for Upper Deck and feature the Upper Deck Authenticated hologram:

http://store.upperdeck.com/Products/...PID-71999.aspx

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com
    Rick,

That is the exact hologram sticker that is on the jersey. Just a COA card like that was not included.

Well for those that may have doubts on its authenticity..this is what MM replied back with. Not sure if you know who any of these people would be.

"He just signed it like last year. The first signing was done with kenny from esp. He had pujols exclusive. Mm did signings as well as steiner and schwartz. Look on ebay. There are all above on there. He just in last year maybe two is uda. These jerseys are old. The new patch was added. It wasn't just signed"

advan24r, I do not pretend to be an expert here but the lettering on the Pujols jersey appears off to me. Also, I would be concerned about the issue of the numbering on the new holograms vs. this being a 2009 All Star jersey. In my mind that raises the strong potential that someone took an older Pujols jersey and added the patch.

There are enough Pujols experts on here that if you took some better picks of the signature you could probably get some pretty conclusive answers. I would also strongly reccomend that you post more pics of the jersey and tagging. From the one (very small) picture of the jersey the lettering looks suspect but it is tough to tell conclusively.

IMHO there are enough questions on the jersey that I would stay away from it. Pujols jerseys seem readily available but the UDA ones seem to be selling for $700 for a reason....certainty. If it was me, I would pay a little more to know its real and a good jersey. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    advan24r, I do not pretend to be an expert here but the lettering on the Pujols jersey appears off to me. Also, I would be concerned about the issue of the numbering on the new holograms vs. this being a 2009 All Star jersey. In my mind that raises the strong potential that someone took an older Pujols jersey and added the patch.

There are enough Pujols experts on here that if you took some better picks of the signature you could probably get some pretty conclusive answers. I would also strongly reccomend that you post more pics of the jersey and tagging. From the one (very small) picture of the jersey the lettering looks suspect but it is tough to tell conclusively.

IMHO there are enough questions on the jersey that I would stay away from it. Pujols jerseys seem readily available but the UDA ones seem to be selling for $700 for a reason....certainty. If it was me, I would pay a little more to know its real and a good jersey. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
    Hi,

Thanks for your analysis. You are right that the patch was added later. As you can see my previous thread, MM replied back to reassure me the authenticity.

Here are more pics that I dugged up from another auction of the same jersey that I have. (PICTURE BELOW IS NOT THE ACTUAL JERSEY THAT I HAVE BUT IS IDENTICAL)