Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What do you want to happen to your collection when you die?

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    I think that b-t-p-h resides on the West Coast, so it's only 3:36 here. LOL!
    Correct...posted in Pacific time.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post

Cash only.

Greg,

We are sorry, but your listing will be deleted. Please refer to the following link to learn more about our policies:

www.ebayrulesareabigjoke.com/sadmanagement

mark

Would love for more people to share their plans for their collections after you-know-what. Or is this something most of us haven't given a lot of thought to?

Good question. I haven't really thought about this until you started the thread but definitely a good thing to think about it since you never know.

If I have children I would probably leave it to them because my wife wouldn't want it. She could do without the stuff now so I know she wouldn't want to deal with it later on. I would and will also consider donating my Alameda player stuff to our local museum and my Cal-Berkeley stuff to the University athletic department.

Or I might just take it all with me!

I have 2 children. After I kick off, I'd like them to get the stuff divided evenly (by my wife) and it will be handed down the ranks (grandkids etc) thereby. Some stuff they will have no interest in and may elect to sell, some stuff I spent alot of time getting auto'd etc., so I'd like that to remain in the family...

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by gatorcollector View Post
    Any coincidence that you posted that around 4:20 this afternoon?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    I have 2 children. After I kick off, I'd like them to get the stuff divided evenly (by my wife) and it will be handed down the ranks (grandkids etc) thereby. Some stuff they will have no interest in and may elect to sell, some stuff I spent alot of time getting auto'd etc., so I'd like that to remain in the family...

RK

NOTICE TO FORUM: PLEASE READ POST DIRECTLY ABOVE. IT WAS POSTED BY A TRUE GENTLEMEN, AND A REAL MAN. AN HONEST MAN.

Thanks, RK,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Good question. I haven't really thought about this until you started the thread but definitely a good thing to think about it since you never know.

If I have children I would probably leave it to them because my wife wouldn't want it. She could do without the stuff now so I know she wouldn't want to deal with it later on. I would and will also consider donating my Alameda player stuff to our local museum and my Cal-Berkeley stuff to the University athletic department.

Or I might just take it all with me!
    Same goes for you, Dewey. Honest, sincere, and totally from the heart.

Just get a BIG plot if the last statement comes true.....

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Buzz-kill

I know.......I'm just a bit more wordy than you, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorcollector View Post
    Not to be morbid or anything, but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this topic. Have you made specific plans for your collection if you were to pass away? Will your family sell it off? Keep some?

Personally, I would want my collection donated to the University of Florida. I think they could put together a pretty cool display using my stuff. Or maybe they could auction it off to raise money for the program.

What about you guys?

That's the ticket Gator. I would let Jim Eisenreich's Tourette's Foundation auction off whatever they saw fit, to raise funding for their programs.

I've got plenty of other crap that my family can play with. Toys my folks never had. Beach house, boats, stuff that's harder to move. They can play with them or sell them. It's only material stuff anyway, not the stuff that matters most in life: love, respect and morals.

The game used memorabilia will probably find a home long before I'm in the ground. Retirement is 3 years away for me and the rest of my days will be helping sons become dads and enjoying the benefits of many years of hard work.

At this point in time I don't think my boys have any interest in my collection, any more than I listened to my dad's Dixieland collection.

They are too busy playing baseball themselves and me coaching them there may be a collection we can build all our own. Thanks for the thread Gator.