Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: What do you want to happen to your collection when you die?

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    "Pawn Stars" is a great show. Joe six-pack's "Roadshow".
    Anyone wonder if those framed Dodgers flannels in the background are gamers?

I really, really like that show. Better than any of that lame-sh!t they make in Hollywood or New York.

Quote of the 2nd season: "insult to the PEZ community" (responding to a lowball offer).

My wife and I had this discussion not long ago and agreed that my son (from my first marriage) gets the NFL memorabilia and the daughter we have together gets all my wife's jewelry. Once we agreed to this and my wife had time to think about how much stuff I have, she announced that she needed a lot more jewelry. Great.

Jason

Banned

If i go first, my wife gets it all to sell and procure funds from. If we both go together, or if I am the last to go, then whatever the collection is worth gets divided between my nieces and nephew on my wife's side. My brothers on my side threw me under the bus 15 years ago after our father died, and my will specifically states that they are to not see one cent of my estate, and to be prohibited from attending my wake and funeral. My in-laws (the Johnsons) get everything, what's left for the Miedemas (other than for my wife) is nada.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

My collection will be buried with me, and I'm not telling any of you what cemetary I'll be in
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    My collection will be buried with me, and I'm not telling any of you what cemetary I'll be in
    Not a bad idea Tony...perhaps a game used pyre?
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Since my kids could give a hoot about my jerseys, I will be going with the Tony plan and will be burried wearing 30 jerseys.

On the serious side I plan to sell or donate everything before I die. If I die before then, I have created a binder with color pictures, receipts, LOA's and explicit directions on how to liquidate everything. The last thing I want to see are my heirs being ripped off because I didn't plan well. I also created the binder for insurance purposes and have stored it in my fire proof safe.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hopefully I live to an old enough age where I can talk about it with my son/future kids/future grandkids. Because if they don't want it, I'll probably sell it before I go.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gatorcollector, drop me an email .....cugolfnut@yahoo.com

Hoping I last another 40 years being I barely survived the first 40, I'd like to give the stuff to my future kids (still working on that). If not, it all goes to the University of Minnesota for their football museum. They can do what they want with it.

This is an interesting thread. My mother just recently passed and a few days before going she told me that her collection of stuff was for me to do what I wished (almost 2 complete T206 sets along with a variety of other pre-war cards) but she recommended I wait to sell them for awhile and I laughed at her and said "do you not pay attention to your son who collects baseball just as much as you do??" No way would I sell this stuff unless I absolutely had to.

I have 4 kids and of the 4 I can really see one maybe 2 of them being interested in my stuff. My older two kids are into way different things than sports memorabilia my younger daughter really likes to do things with me so I could see her picking it up and my youngest kid my little boy just loves sports so I could definitely see him picking it up so I guess the end of the story is that I will pass continue to collect and have added my mothers collection to mine and will eventually pass it on to my kids.