Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
If the kids don't want it, I'll sell it off to someone who wants it and use the extra cash to fund my retirement. At this rate, gas will be around $7 a gallon - and I'll need every dime to fill my RV.

I donate plenty to charity - I work hard, and don't get paid enough, so I don't think it's a stretch to say that.

I agree Dave. Between the cash and blood donations and the walk for this and that over the years.....I truly don't have a significant cash investment in game used anymore. At one time I had a sizeable stash but capitalized on the sale of most of it after the 2004 WS, and focused more on personal collecting, such as Eisenreich and 2 HoF'ers.

Not that this has any GU relevance, but I would have a much tougher call on how to divest myself and/or my family of all the Civil War-related stuff I have. Well into the 6 figures, that was my first passion in collecting and would set up my survivors nicely.

Then I got into collectable firearms, also a great investment and the ones I don't take to the range are the ones that aslo will always have a devoted buyer following.

Next came baseball GU & GW, which I cherish, but which would truly be among the first things I would liquidate if I had to, but God willing, it will stay in my sports room, cuz I ain't checking out till I'm ready to.