Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tigers sell HR baseballs for $100

The Tigers,again offered a great deal today to collectors by offering Ichiro and Griffey foul balls for $50 and a Mike Sweeney HR ball for $100. That's undercutting you know who by $400.

1. Aug 19, 2009 Ken Griffey Jr. Hit a foul ball off of pitched ball from Justin Verlander-$50

2. August 19, 2009 Ichiro Suzuki hit a foul ball in the 1st inning off of pitched ball from Justin Verlander-$50

3. August 19, 2009 Ichiro Suzuki hit a foul ball in the 3rd inning off of pitched ball from Justin Verlander-$50

4. August 20th, 2009 Ryan Raburn hit a 1st inning single off of pitch thrown by Ryan Rowland-Smith-$75

5. August 19, 2009 Ichiro Suzuki hit a foul ball in the 3rd inning off of pitched ball from Justin Verlander-$50

6. August 20, 2009 HR ball hit by Mike Sweeney off of Jarrod Washburn-$100

Additionally, here is a list of remaining 1st set of 2009 locker tags. Please call with any orders. Thanks.

Marc Himelstein
    Authentics Manager
    Comerica Park
    2100 Woodward Ave.
    Detroit, MI 48201
    marc.himelstein@detroittigers.com
    (P) (313) 471-2064
    (F) (313) 471-2297

Re: Tigers sell HR baseballs for $100

A foul ball for $50 is a good deal?

I dont understand the joy you could get from BUYING a Griffey or Ichiro FOUL BALL. I really dont understand the mark it makes on your collection unless maybe you collect foul balls from different players.

I could understand that maybe if you caught it at a game, then maybe it would be special. But deff not buying a random foul ball. Especiall for 50 bucks.

How much does a pitch bounced in the dirt go for?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Considering that foul balls from bench warmers routinely sell for $30-$40, I'd say that $50 for a marquis player like Griffey or Ichiro, authenticated by MLB, is a good deal.

It would be hard to find game-used items directly connected to players of that caliber for any less than that.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

As ridiculous as it is getting with the Tigers; they soon will be selling the air you breathe at the park in bags. It gets more laughable by the week...

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    As ridiculous as it is getting with the Tigers; they soon will be selling the air you breathe at the park in bags. It gets more laughable by the week...

RK
    I understand what you're saying, but a item used in an actual game, to my way of thinking, is the ONLY thing worth MLB authentication -- as opposed to the dirt samples and other 'manufactured collectables' that also feature a MLB hologram.

Personally, I'd rather pay $50 for a ball fouled back by Ichiro, traceable to a specific pitch in a specific game, than pay the same amount for one of the 200 8x10's he signed after the game.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rj_lucas View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but a item used in an actual game, to my way of thinking, is the ONLY thing worth MLB authentication -- as opposed to the dirt samples and other 'manufactured collectables' that also feature a MLB hologram.

Personally, I'd rather pay $50 for a ball fouled back by Ichiro, traceable to a specific pitch in a specific game, than pay the same amount for one of the 200 8x10's he signed after the game.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

Rick,

In an odd way, I can't help but agree with you as I see your point.

That's why I collect home run balls. Having a piece that is tied to that player is as good as it gets when it can be traced to a specific event in time, especially if it is a home run ball.

It's just that......a foul ball??? Eeesch! I guess if that's all one can obtain, it's still an authentic game used item, so it does fit into the "cool" category. Especially if it has a MLB sticker for authenticity.

Exactly. As an example, I've got a ball fouled back by Albert Pujols in the April 11, 2009 game where he hit two HRs, including a slam, tied his career high with 7 RBIs, and set the franchise record as the only Cards player to have two games with 7 RBIs.

Makes for a great display, along with the MLB cert and screen grab. Grand total paid? $35. A bargain, considering how much enjoyment I'll get from it in the years to come.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    IT'S AN EXCEPTIONAL DEAL, if you compare trying to buy it from $TEINER for 5 times that amount.

LB