Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You gotsta be kiddin me

Amazing amount of wear, drying, and cracking for a glove supposedly stolen while it was in use and hidden away for years. What a load of hooey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LAZZERIS-GLOVE-V...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: You gotsta be kiddin me

That is without a doubt one of the if not the best story I have ever seen on ebay except for maybe the guy that cut up 300 game worn jersey cards and glued all the pieces to make his own custom greats of the game jersey, nothing beats that.

Brett

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle
    That is without a doubt one of the if not the best story I have ever seen on ebay except for maybe the guy that cut up 300 game worn jersey cards and glued all the pieces to make his own custom greats of the game jersey, nothing beats that.

Brett
    i was bidding on that shirt, the guy ended the auction because he wasn't going to be happy with the final price.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkm90
    The seller claims Ruth used racial slurs and was a thief. Nice.

I am not sure what is worse, the companies that hacked up the game used memorabilia to make those cards, or the guy that smoked the crack pipe too long that he hacked up the cards to make that jersey. Instead of being worried that he was not going to make enough off the jersey, the guy should have been looking for the local looney bin and having considerable thoughts about checking himself in.

Banned

Or to add insult to injury how about the fact not only are they cut up but you glued them to another shirt which makes the pieces completely worthless and the sad part is he had Huge names in those pieces.

"Thats like setting on fire a Babe Ruth Game Used Jersey and saying hey lets add gas to it"

One would think if the grand Bambino himself was going to swipe a mitt from someone, that he'd take a left-handers mitt. This story would have been better with a left handed first baseman's glove that had "belonged" to Lou Gehrig....

The glove story is pretty funny, but in all seriousness, is there any way it could actually be a real Lazzari glove? I know nothing about gloves and the actual description leaves a lot of questions. Has anyone asked the seller about the specifics?

I don't know what model Lazzeri used, but I have seen quite a few of his high quality store models over the years and owned one. The problem with this glove is the amount and type of wear. It's just too beat up and dry. Lazzeri, like all players, would keep their glove in good condition and get another when it was trashed. If it is his glove, how can it be authenticated? People are very leary of game gloves these days.

Who needs authentication, if the seller says that this is what Ruth told his grandpappy how would we possibly dispute this. I am sure that Ruth probably carried around a couple of suitcases full of stolen game used equipment that he swiped from his teammates lockers over the years. That way, when this type of occasion arose he was armed and ready. In answer to the previous comment, he probably had already given the Iron Horses gamer to one of the nurses.