Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Michael Jordan Jersey on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jordan-G...d=p3286.c0.m14

thoughts on this one?

I'm pretty sure that the Bulls did not switch to sewn on name and numbers till 1992...but this has a 91 year tag

Re: Michael Jordan Jersey on Ebay

Why in the world would anyone ever think of washing a game used jersey? Is this guy for real!?

I'd ask him for a picture of the back since he's going to take it out of the frame anyways to sell. I was going to say NOB is totally wrong in the last pic until I scrolled all the way down and he says that is isn't of the jersey he's selling.. Hmmm

I've seen this jersey on Ebay before a while ago. Since he said he paid $7k for it, I'd like to know where he bought it from then? For that much, it should have a Bulls coa, and not just from GF!

Just my 2cents...

Banned

This jersey has been on ebay before and has been discussed on here before too. I believe the 91-92 bulls wore a black shoulder patch on their jerseys. I don't know if we figured out if they wore it the WHOLE season or not. But I do know that they wore it, at the least, MOST of the season. I believe this jersey sold for 5k on the bay last time around.

Banned

Yes, Greg...the black swatch was for Sherri Berto, the personal assistant of Owner Jerry Reinsdorf, who died in routine surgery in autumn 1991.
    I don't know if the listing has a typo, or not, but if the jersey was signed September 27, 1991 (as the listing indicates), how could he have used it in 1991-92? Exhibitions don't start that early, as far as I can recall.

Dave M.
    Chicago area