Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Introductions- What do we collect?

Hey everyone,
    My name is Jay and I'm from DeLand, Florida (near Daytona). I collect Florida Gator sports memorabilia. I started out with football cards, then autographs. I am currently trying to collect autographs of every Gator to play in the NFL. I have over 150 so far with about 50 left to go. I started collecting jerseys about 5 years ago. I have gamers of Lomas Brown, Trace Armstrong, and Jacquez Green among others. Would love to hear from other Gator fans.

SMACKDOWN!!! Florida 34 FSU 7

Hi, Jay. My name is Scott Anservitz and I am from and still live in Ashtabula, Ohio. Your present Gator's coach Urban Meyers is from my hometown. My brother went to school with him. You have one heck of a coach and a good guy. I am an Ohio State fan, but now I find myself rooting for the Gators when it doesn't conflict with my Buckeyes. As for collecting, I have been into cards for 30 odd years, mostly baseball and football. I have a couple NFL jerseys that are game worn by Corey Dillon and Keenan McCardell, (both who passed the 10,000 yd. plateau this season), an Arod game used bat, a Manny game used bat, Griffey Jr. batting gloves, Albert Belle batting helmet to name some of my highlights. I like just about anything cool that I can somewhat afford. Anyway, this is a great forum that I have learned tons of things about the hobby from some really knowledgable people. Thanks for listening and Happy Holidays!
    Scott

Smile Re: Introductions- What do we collect?

I've enjoyed lurking in this section for some time now - you guys have some great stuff! Most folks know me as a modern "game used" guy, but I have a personal collection of pre-1920 gloves. I have particular interest in high quality full webs, 1" webs, crescent pads, webless, and workman style gloves. Also interested in early baseballs and baseball vises.

Email me at authenticgamers@aol.com if you have anything interesting.

Thanks,

Rob Steinmetz

Banned

Let's see, what do I collect. Bad checks, bad debts, bad girlfriends and bad life decisions?

Oh wait, you folks don't care about that stuff.

After too many years in the sports industry, I stopped collecting, but when I started doing private and public autograph sessions with professionals, I did start collecting personalized autographed photos signed: "To Joel"

My favorite is by Pete Rose:

Name:  P1010001.JPG
Views: 436
Size:  136.1 KB
    Name:  P1010005.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  83.6 KB

Pretty cool inscription. Here are photos of my office walls:

Name:  P1010006.JPG
Views: 439
Size:  132.0 KB
    Name:  P1010007.JPG
Views: 430
Size:  101.7 KB

I collect autographs primarily on single baseballs. I also collect rookie cards and tobacco cards. Currently, I am trying to get all the St Louis players (AL & NL) from the T206 set with all the back variations too. The two rarer backs I have are Carolina Brights and Broad Leaf 350.

Aaron Cowan

Banned

Well if you guys dont know by now ill tell you again lol lol, im a huge DARRYL STRAWBERRY collector, I have just about every baseball card ever produced for him, I have about 6 different jerseys ( not game used - these are to wear ) I have a couple of game used bats, I have a game used batting practice glove, about 6 autographed baseballs and a ton of autographed items. I have met him once before and again 2 days ago he was at a yankee autograph show in New Jersey. I am dying to get my hands on an authentic game used jersey ( from any team he played for ) / but I truly hope to BE ABLE TO GET MY HANDS ON A SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS GAME USED JERSEY OF DARRYL STRAWBERRY OR ONE TO WEAR - these are his most rarest jersey ever

Banned

I started in the 1970's collecting football cards and autographs. I like old Orioles items, Redskins and now, the Nationals stuff. In the 1990's I decided to collect Roberto Alomar items, game used and/or autographed. Thanks, Kevin

Hello all. My name is Matt 26, from NJ. About a year ago I started collecting vintage boxing memorabilia. I don't have a very big collection yet, but I am looking obtain more pieces soon. Here is what I have so far.

1. Muhammad Ali signed 16x20 photo
    2. Rocky Marciano signed 11x14 page
    3. Joe Louis signed magazine page
    4. Jack Dempsey signed New York Knicks program
    5. Joey Giardello signed pair of boxing gloves (one with "HOF 93" the other is inscribed "100 wins).
    6. Mike Tyson signed 16x20 photo

Banned

well here is my follow up since my last post i have obtained 4 game used jerseys and one of them is super rare ( i have the only one ) and i am still looking for my ( unicorn jersey - meaning it is almost impossible to find ) a darryl strawberry san francisco giants game used jersey.

My name is Jamie- I'm from Columbia, Maryland.

I collect Dwight Gooden items from 1983-85 as well as his minor league stuff (just need one more for a "master set"), TTM autographs of all sports as well as some politicians (got close to 200), and pre-war photography as well as other pre-war odds and ends.