Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vintagesportscollector
    • Nov 2005

Introductions- What do we collect?

Hi all- With the new forum figured it would be a good time to introduce ourselves as there may be a bunch of new faces. The old GUF vintage forum was a small group, but it was good to get to know everyone.

My name is Joe Kirschner. I live in NJ. Been collecting for about 8 years and I collect everything vintage...I have a hard time saying NO. All sports but mostly baseball. My expertise is early 1900s uniforms but I have a wide array of equipment and memorabilia.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

-Joe
  • otismalibu
    • Nov 2005

Re: Introductions- What do we collect?

Greetings,

I collect Julius Erving memorabilia (photos, posters, signed items, etc.) Still haven't managed to acquire any game used Dr. J. "stuff", but with 2 healthy kidneys, it's just a matter of time before I strike a deal with someone

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

-Greg
    Greg
    DrJStuff.com

Comment

• MdiddyAJ23Fan
      • Nov 2005

I collect Jerseys - but not really game worns because of two reasons 1) They generally don't fit me because I'm short and wide...lol and 2) they're too expensive. Maybe one day.

Mdiddy.

Comment

• slidekellyslide
        • Aug 2005

My name is Dan Bretta and I collect just about anything related to baseball pre-1970. I specialize in Nebraska Minor league items especially Lincoln Athletics and Lincoln Chiefs (Western and Three I League). I also like just about anything and everything as regards to vintage equipment. And I also collect baseball photos.

Some of my collection can be seen here:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

• imlemonysnicket
          • Aug 2005

My name is Brett Lowman and I collect vintage baseball bats/gloves plus old basketball stuff as well. I got into the hobby by way of my dad - he's been collecting bats and gloves since 1990 - guess it's an inherited trait. I'd like to be able to spend more money on collecting but I'm a teacher in grad school with a wife full-time in pharmacy school. I love going to flea markets, antique shows, etc. and seeing what I can scrounge up. Here is a picture of a part of my collection:
          Attached Files
          brett
          http://www.playokantiques.com

Comment

• baseballart
            • Nov 2005

Max Weder, Vancouver, BC

I have collected baseball books, fiction and non-fiction, since 1989.

I also collect some baseball cards. "baseballart" is a reference to some of my spouse's baseball paintings (Jennifer Ettinger, http://www.ettinger.ca) one of which is shown here

Max

Comment

• Calrima
              • Aug 2005

My name is Dennis or Den for short and I love Game Used bats. I started in 1980 and have gotten back into it after a short time off. My pride and joys are in Uncracked form with nice game use.........

3 Pudge Bats
              Frank Thomas
              Gary Sheffield
              Jose Canseco
              Albert Belle

Some of these bats were purchased from our very own Forum members, so if your looking for something, give our online buddies a try!

Also if anyone wouldnt mind adding my link to their website, I could do the same in return as I have 2 slots open. Maybe this can help us all out?

My best
              Den
              Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

Comment

• mjkm90
                • Nov 2005

I'm Mike Hoevet. I have collected vintage cards and memorabilia since 1980. Like most I began with cards then moved into more displayable pieces over the years. I collect baseball items pre 1970 and specialize in bats. Anything with the right "look" will go into the collection. Here are a few examples of what I'm after.
                Attached Files
                Mike H

Comment

• aaron1050
                  • Nov 2005

I'm Aaron (hey, guys--I finally made it over here!) and I focus mostly on 1910's - 1920's baseball memorabilia (pennants, pins, programs, postcards, baseballs, etc.), but also dabble in pre-1970 baseball, football and basketball memorabilia (including game-worn jerseys and caps).

--Aaron

Comment

• dmbbfan
                    • Nov 2005

hi all. my name is craig. i collect pre-1969 iowa baseball anything, not the college. main focus is on des moines 1887-1969 and sioux city 1887-1950's. anything jerseys, cards, programs, post cards, cabinets, you name it i want it. kind of like a disease. anyone ever find anything vintage baseball and iowa anything, please let me know.

Comment

• gatorcollector
                      • Aug 2005

Hey everyone,
                      My name is Jay and I'm from DeLand, Florida (near Daytona). I collect Florida Gator sports memorabilia. I started out with football cards, then autographs. I am currently trying to collect autographs of every Gator to play in the NFL. I have over 150 so far with about 50 left to go. I started collecting jerseys about 5 years ago. I have gamers of Lomas Brown, Trace Armstrong, and Jacquez Green among others. Would love to hear from other Gator fans.

SMACKDOWN!!! Florida 34 FSU 7

Comment

• scottanservitz
                        • Nov 2005

Hi, Jay. My name is Scott Anservitz and I am from and still live in Ashtabula, Ohio. Your present Gator's coach Urban Meyers is from my hometown. My brother went to school with him. You have one heck of a coach and a good guy. I am an Ohio State fan, but now I find myself rooting for the Gators when it doesn't conflict with my Buckeyes. As for collecting, I have been into cards for 30 odd years, mostly baseball and football. I have a couple NFL jerseys that are game worn by Corey Dillon and Keenan McCardell, (both who passed the 10,000 yd. plateau this season), an Arod game used bat, a Manny game used bat, Griffey Jr. batting gloves, Albert Belle batting helmet to name some of my highlights. I like just about anything cool that I can somewhat afford. Anyway, this is a great forum that I have learned tons of things about the hobby from some really knowledgable people. Thanks for listening and Happy Holidays!
                        Scott

Comment

• rms
                          • Jan 1970

I've enjoyed lurking in this section for some time now - you guys have some great stuff! Most folks know me as a modern "game used" guy, but I have a personal collection of pre-1920 gloves. I have particular interest in high quality full webs, 1" webs, crescent pads, webless, and workman style gloves. Also interested in early baseballs and baseball vises.

Email me at authenticgamers@aol.com if you have anything interesting.

Thanks,

Rob Steinmetz
                          Rob Steinmetz
                          www.authenticgamers.com
                          authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Comment

• trsent
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

Let's see, what do I collect. Bad checks, bad debts, bad girlfriends and bad life decisions?

Oh wait, you folks don't care about that stuff.

After too many years in the sports industry, I stopped collecting, but when I started doing private and public autograph sessions with professionals, I did start collecting personalized autographed photos signed: "To Joel"

My favorite is by Pete Rose:

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	634917

Name:	P1010005.JPG
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	634918

Pretty cool inscription. Here are photos of my office walls:

Name:	P1010006.JPG
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	634919

Name:	P1010007.JPG
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	634920

Comment

• acowan19
                              • Jan 2006

I collect autographs primarily on single baseballs. I also collect rookie cards and tobacco cards. Currently, I am trying to get all the St Louis players (AL & NL) from the T206 set with all the back variations too. The two rarer backs I have are Carolina Brights and Broad Leaf 350.

Aaron Cowan

Comment

Working...