Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Happy Birthday Ted Williams.....Born August 30, 1918....

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    To add to my joy, he hit a home run that day. So I actually not only have a Ted Williams game used jersey from his final season, but one that can be pinpointed to him hitting a specific home run while wearing it.

Life is good.
    I'm doubly envious, as I was born in 1960 and have an affinity for collecting things from that year (sports related and otherwise).

Sounds like we have the same edition of the book. The reference to the HR is at the top of page 53. Enjoy those treasures.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

Re: Happy Birthday Ted Williams.....Born August 30, 1918....

Quote Originally Posted by rj_lucas View Post
    I'm doubly envious, as I was born in 1960 and have an affinity for collecting things from that year (sports related and otherwise).

Sounds like we have the same edition of the book. The reference to the HR is at the top of page 53. Enjoy those treasures.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com
    Rick,

Me too! That's why I was thrilled to have won the jersey, because it was from the year I was born.......and, of course, because it was Ted's.

I won it not knowing of the picture matches, which I discovered later. Man, what a thrill. I still buzz about it today when I think of it.

To finish off my Williams collection, I also won (in a past major sports auction) his only grand slam baseball from 1941.....yes, the year he hit .406!!! It is signed, dated, and inscribed by him, all in his own hand!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go back to the "What do you want to happen to your collection when you die" thread to add that I'll be buried wearing Ted's 494th home run jersey, holding onto his 517th home run bat, and have his only grand slam ball from his 1941 season stuffed in my mouth like I'm being served for a Thanksgiving feast.....

Thanks again for the info Rick!!

Regards,

Steve