I have no idea if this is the case or not -- just my theory -- but the Cardinals also were saturating the market with bases. People snapped them up in 2005, the last season of old Busch. They bought them like crazy in 2006, the first season at new Busch. They also bought them in early 2007 because they had the World Series champs logo on them. But, it reached a point where fans had all the bases they wanted. So, early in 2007, the Cards went back to plain bases vs. bases with logos on top. These plain bases sat in inventory -- tough sells because they were plain and most people had all the bases they wanted. My theory is that when the Cardinals needed to buy bases for 2008, they looked at all the bases they had in storage -- already hologrammed and ready for sale -- and decided "why not used them again?" So, they did... which explains why the hologram would match its use in 2007 but not 2008. Again, I don't know if this is how it happened, but it sure is consistent with the situation. I'm sure, though, that if the Cards say they were used for games in 2007 and 2008, they're not making that up. They're very good at writing the dates and even the innings of use on the back of each base.