Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

September pick-ups

Just got this hammered Dustin Pedroia blonde M-9 bat in, according to (BMH) Brian from LVS only two blonde P156 model bats were ordered for Pedroia this year. I think I have a definite photo match and will post photos later.

Also a pair of Dustin Pedroia Easton game worn cleats with his number 15 stitched on each heel.

Thanks, Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: September pick-ups

Benny Agbayani signed Mets rookie jersey and a signed Agbayani game worn Mets batting helmet. I want to thank Ron "island_style" fellow GUU member for giving me the opportunity to purchase these rare items for his personal collection.

Always looking for Benny Agbayani and Manny Ramirez GU items.

e-mail: hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

Thanks, Bobby

This has been posted in the NFL thread as well but I figured I should post it here too so it can be seen by more than just the 5-6 NFL fans on the board.

2005 Brian Urlacher alternate jersey
    Game worn November 13th against the 49ers.

Big thanks to Matthew at TriplexXxSports for walking me through the UV light process and for the incredible photo montage.
    This jersey has been laundered so the UV process was a necessity in order to help identify it.
    The numbers look white to the naked eye but when you hit them with the UV light the hidden remnants of laundered
    4-year old stains are revealed.
    The UV light also amplifies the appearance of the dings in the mesh body.
    Also note the differing distances from the seam on each shoulder that the
    Reebok logo was sewn and the way that they match this jersey.

Left shoulder logo placement (right at the seam)

Right shoulder logo placement (further below the seam)

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Just got this hammered Dustin Pedroia blonde M-9 bat in, according to (BMH) Brian from LVS only two blonde P156 model bats were ordered for Pedroia this year. I think I have a definite photo match and will post photos later.

Also a pair of Dustin Pedroia Easton game worn cleats with his number 15 stitched on each heel.

Thanks, Bobby
    Bobby,

Nice rare Pedroia bat. That thing looks absolutely hammered. For some reason, I really like the 125th Anniversary logo on the blonde bats. Sweet! Also, nice pick up on the cleats. I don't know that I've actually seen any listings for GU Pedroia cleats. Congrats!

John

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    Bobby,

Nice rare Pedroia bat. That thing looks absolutely hammered. For some reason, I really like the 125th Anniversary logo on the blonde bats. Sweet! Also, nice pick up on the cleats. I don't know that I've actually seen any listings for GU Pedroia cleats. Congrats!

John
    John & dcrules01,

Thanks for the kind words!

I agree with you John, the blonde bat with the 125th logo really stands out, I really like the look of the unfinished LVS maple bats and the cleats are the first I have seen of Pedroia.

Best Regards, Bobby

Banned

34Sweetness:

I know its been said but thats a sweet pick up, no pun intended. I'm not a big football fan but respect the game of #54. Thats a bad assed jersey!

Aaron

Ok so these pick-ups are over the past few months but I have not had a chance to post. My apologies for the length of the post.

Rick Manning GU Indians Jersey (looks like the Indians arm patch was replaced)

Pat Tabler 1984 GU Indians Jersey

Bert Blyleven GU 1984 Indians Jersey

And last but not least a Greg Swindell 1988 GU Indians jersey. This one is interesting as it shows evidence of a number change (front and back) from #27 to #21. #27 during 1987 and 1988 was Mel Hall. Not sure what to make of the number change as I have seen a lot of them on Indians jerseys from that era and not just on star players. It was interesting because both the "2" and the "7" were replaced making me think it was likely a team # change. So this one may be a Hall jersey. I am comparing sizing, etc. to make a determination.

UPDATE:

I met up w/ Greg last night (9/21) and got these signed.

Many thanks to the gentleman who owns the minivan...

Been away for a while but here is Jorge Posada game used 2008 bat. Still sticky shows tons of use with nice cleat marks on the top of the barrel.

Banned

Just picked-up three (3) 1960's era NY Giants sideline jackets. The jackets were made by Sand-knit and distributed to the Giants via Thorp Sporting Goods. All three (3) jackets are in unbelievable condition and they are free from any rips and/or tears. The colors are still vibrant so I can only imagine that they were stored for quite a long period of time out of direct sunlight. The "GIANTS" on the back is applied with tackle-twill lettering.

The jackets are so clean, they could very easily be worn to a Giants game.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net