Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

September pick-ups

Just got this hammered Dustin Pedroia blonde M-9 bat in, according to (BMH) Brian from LVS only two blonde P156 model bats were ordered for Pedroia this year. I think I have a definite photo match and will post photos later.

Also a pair of Dustin Pedroia Easton game worn cleats with his number 15 stitched on each heel.

Thanks, Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: September pick-ups

Benny Agbayani signed Mets rookie jersey and a signed Agbayani game worn Mets batting helmet. I want to thank Ron "island_style" fellow GUU member for giving me the opportunity to purchase these rare items for his personal collection.

Always looking for Benny Agbayani and Manny Ramirez GU items.

e-mail: hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

Thanks, Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images      

This has been posted in the NFL thread as well but I figured I should post it here too so it can be seen by more than just the 5-6 NFL fans on the board.

2005 Brian Urlacher alternate jersey
    Game worn November 13th against the 49ers.

Big thanks to Matthew at TriplexXxSports for walking me through the UV light process and for the incredible photo montage.
    This jersey has been laundered so the UV process was a necessity in order to help identify it.
    The numbers look white to the naked eye but when you hit them with the UV light the hidden remnants of laundered
    4-year old stains are revealed.
    The UV light also amplifies the appearance of the dings in the mesh body.
    Also note the differing distances from the seam on each shoulder that the
    Reebok logo was sewn and the way that they match this jersey.

Left shoulder logo placement (right at the seam)

Right shoulder logo placement (further below the seam)

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Just got this hammered Dustin Pedroia blonde M-9 bat in, according to (BMH) Brian from LVS only two blonde P156 model bats were ordered for Pedroia this year. I think I have a definite photo match and will post photos later.

Also a pair of Dustin Pedroia Easton game worn cleats with his number 15 stitched on each heel.

Thanks, Bobby
    Bobby,

Nice rare Pedroia bat. That thing looks absolutely hammered. For some reason, I really like the 125th Anniversary logo on the blonde bats. Sweet! Also, nice pick up on the cleats. I don't know that I've actually seen any listings for GU Pedroia cleats. Congrats!

John

Being a Yankees fan, it is tough having these in the house, but my wife is a Phillies fan...Picked up a few game used pieces for her from the Phillies...

2009 Max Bat, Jayson Werth with MLB hologram, slight handle crack.

2009 Alternate Jersey, Carlos Ruiz, with MLB hologram, HK memorial patch and WS champs patch--Last worn end of July as the Phillies stopped wearing the WS patch then. Phillies also added an 09 tag inside the jersey.

Also picked up a few hit balls, including a double off the bat of Victorino and another RBI double off the bat of Werth. (All MLB authenticated) She also got a few balls in BP tossed to her when we were out in right field watching BP.

Here are photos of the Ruiz jersey. It has great use with lots of pilling from his catching gear, as well as residue from the mothers day and/or fathers day ribbon next to the HK patch.

I believe this was worn all season when they wore the alts, up until the end of July, including the Ring Ceremony and also the last time HK threw out a first pitch.

Banned

Sweet Urlacher gamer! If I remember right, that's the first time the Bears wore the orange alternates in a game (I'm not counting vintage unies or the orange Throwbacks several years ago).

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Sweet Pedroia and Agbayani jersey and helmet..Hey Rick nice jersey and photomatch
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Sweet Urlacher gamer! If I remember right, that's the first time the Bears wore the orange alternates in a game (I'm not counting vintage unies or the orange Throwbacks several years ago).

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Thanks for the words, fellas.
    2005 was actually the second year for the alternates. In '04 the Bears wore them but the colors of the numbers were inverted: navy with a white outline.
    Now, that would be the Urlacher to have! Unfortunately, I've never seen one of the '04 alts for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    Bobby,

Nice rare Pedroia bat. That thing looks absolutely hammered. For some reason, I really like the 125th Anniversary logo on the blonde bats. Sweet! Also, nice pick up on the cleats. I don't know that I've actually seen any listings for GU Pedroia cleats. Congrats!

John
    John & dcrules01,

Thanks for the kind words!

I agree with you John, the blonde bat with the 125th logo really stands out, I really like the look of the unfinished LVS maple bats and the cleats are the first I have seen of Pedroia.

Best Regards, Bobby

Banned

34Sweetness:

I know its been said but thats a sweet pick up, no pun intended. I'm not a big football fan but respect the game of #54. Thats a bad assed jersey!

Aaron