Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Grey Flannel Isaiah Jersey-n.o.b. Question?

Current offering from Grey Flannel's webite (newest items page):

1991/2 road Pistons Thomas jersey. Note the vertical arched name on back of the jersey for sale. All examples I've seen and photos from the same season support the Pistons incorporating block letter names on back, not custom vertical arch.

Name:  ISIAH.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  89.4 KB

Name:  ISIAH 2.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  44.4 KB

Can any forum reader with experieince or knowledge comment on this?

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

(3834) appliqué with white borders. Player name “THOMAS” On the left front tail is the “Champion” tag with wash instructions and jersey size “40.” Adjacent is the exclusive tag with “1991 BODY LENGTH 0.” Player number “11” appears on both the front and back in red appliqué with white borders. Player name “THOMAS” appears on back in white appliqué block letters. The jersey shows game-use and appears to have no

Banned

Re: Grey Flannel Isaiah Jersey-n.o.b. Question?

The Grey Flannel item description reads:

On the left front tail is the “Champion” tag with wash instructions and jersey size “40.” Adjacen
    (3834) 1991-92 Isaiah Thomas Detroit Pistons Game-Used Road Jersey 1750

On the left front tail is the “Champion” tag with wash instructions and jersey size “40.” Adjacent is the exclusive tag with “1991 BODY LENGTH 0.” Player number “11” appears on both the front and back in red appliqué with white borders. Player name “THOMAS” appears on back in white appliqué block letters. The jersey shows game-use and appears to have no alterations of any kind
    t is the exclusive tag with “1991 BODY LENGTH 0.” Player number “11” appears on both the front and back in red appliqué with white borders. Player name “THOMAS” appears on back in white appliqué block letters.
    Howard Wolfhblakewolf@comcast.net

Yup, totally wrong NOB.. And the NBA logo is way too far down.

maybe it's isiah thomas' first pro jersey! kidding.

reminds me of this thread:
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=18335

modern era pistons jerseys seem to give poor nick coppola the fits. should the nob be blue or red? arched or straight? nick can't be expected to remember the basics! damn this new breed of collectors that expect an "authenticated" jersey to have a correct NOB. it wasn't like this in the old days when you just took an expert's word for it. if there was only some sort of free repository of images spanning all sports and decades where they could easily check photos for basic stylematches. when will this internet thing finally come in handy?!

can someone please forward www.getty.com to nick and richie? their accuracy rate mightdouble. maybe even triple.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    maybe it's isiah thomas' first pro jersey! kidding.

reminds me of this thread:
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=18335

modern era pistons jerseys seem to give poor nick coppola the fits. should the nob be blue or red? arched or straight? nick can't be expected to remember the basics! damn this new breed of collectors that expect an "authenticated" jersey to have a correct NOB. it wasn't like this in the old days when you just took an expert's word for it. if there was only some sort of free repository of images spanning all sports and decades where they could easily check photos for basic stylematches. when will this internet thing finally come in handy?!

can someone please forward www.getty.com to nick and richie? their accuracy rate mightdouble. maybe even triple.

rudy.

Banned

Such a poorly-researched "authentication", I would have expected it to have come from Lou!

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Howard, I actually went on their website yesterday and couldn't find it, so figured maybe I navigated wrong or something.

And then today, I received this email from them:

Please do not forget to keep checking our retail site for items available immediately at www.GreyFlannel.com. We have been adding new items on a daily basis and will continue to do so this week. We must apologize as one of our new employees listed three items this week that should have not been posted, having mixed up the rejected pile from the authenticated pile. These items have since been removed and again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

So I guess this is why I couldn't find on their website. At least someone figured out it was a "reject"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Howard, I actually went on their website yesterday and couldn't find it, so figured maybe I navigated wrong or something.

And then today, I received this email from them:

Please do not forget to keep checking our retail site for items available immediately at www.GreyFlannel.com. We have been adding new items on a daily basis and will continue to do so this week. We must apologize as one of our new employees listed three items this week that should have not been posted, having mixed up the rejected pile from the authenticated pile. These items have since been removed and again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

So I guess this is why I couldn't find on their website. At least someone figured out it was a "reject"

Nickacs-

Can you reply back to the email you received and ask the following:

After the "new employee" took this Isaiah from the "reject pile", did the "new employee" write the elaborate and extremely detailed description of the jersey and determine the retail price of $1,750.?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Nickacs-

did the "new employee" write the elaborate and extremely detailed description of the jersey and determine the retail price of $1,750.?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Howard...I was thinking the exact same thing

After the "new employee" took this Isaiah from the "reject pile", did the "new employee" write the elaborate and extremely detailed description of the jersey and determine the retail price of $1,750.?
    I wonder if that new employee is responsible for sending out mailings to banned bidders?