Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Angels Caps

Angels Caps

I'm looking at a California Angels cap that is said to have been worn during Rod Carew's tenure with the club (1979-1985). It's a "New Era" size "7-1/4" model with an MLB silhouette logo tag. Any confirmation as to New Era supplying the Angels caps of that era and for Carew wearing a 7-1/4? Just trying to get a feel for this. Thanks.

Banned

Re: Angels Caps

Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    I'm looking at a California Angels cap that is said to have been worn during Rod Carew's tenure with the club (1979-1985). It's a "New Era" size "7-1/4" model with an MLB silhouette logo tag. Any confirmation as to New Era supplying the Angels caps of that era and for Carew wearing a 7-1/4? Just trying to get a feel for this. Thanks.
    New Era was the cap supplier for the Halos then. Unfortunately, I can't confirm Carew's cap size (sorry)

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I have eleven Angels caps from all different eras (1960s to present). You can compare the hat band with the ones that I have from that era. There posted on my website.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

You will need to look closely at the A, as the the Angels caps used 1989-1991 are slightly different then those used 1977-1988.