Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Beltran rehabbing, uniform policy doesn't apply for him???

Well, I was really bored at the game and noticed that Beltran didn't follow the uniform policy. He didn't have his pants up and didn't wear a double flap helmet Cyclones helmet, instead wore a Mets helmet. Any idea why he didn't have to do it? Dumb topic, but found it interesting.

Re: Beltran rehabbing, uniform policy doesn't apply for him???

Nice post. Something good to report at least. Looks cool that he used a Met helmet. Personal use kind of thing? Like a bat?
    And thanks for the photos

Well Beltran does spend time on his hair so he probably doesn't want to risk getting lice or whatever by using someone elses helmet

I figured out why his pants are different, he is using Mets pants instead of the Cyclones ones. Very interesting.

I have noticed this at Charlotte Stone Crabs games when we have guys rehabbing.. they seem to allow them to wear their uniform however they want, I guess it's a comfort thing. For example, Scott Kazmir and Shawn Riggans rehabbed with us this year and they wore baggy pants, and Riggans wore a Rays batting helmet instead of a Stone Crabs one.

Sorry to bump an old post but just wanted to give my 2 cents..

Whenever one of my favorite players goes down for a rehab assignment, I always wonder what happens to the uniform items they make up for the guy while he's down there. It seems to me that there would be a lot of interest from collectors, and the teams could make some money for charity, or whatever.