Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Ryan Longwell Jersey on Ebay...any Green Bay Jersey Experts?

This jersey has me asking a few questions and I need some help from a Green Bay jersey expert...

A size 52 jersey for a kicker is a huge jersey. I have around 35 kicker jerseys in my collection and the biggest is a 48.

There are 3 Longwell jerseys for sale on jo sports and they are all a size 46.

The last 'L' in Longwell is way off...I have never seen a letter that badly spaced on a name plate.

Can someone tell me if this is legit...my heart is telling me its a size 52 that someone had made up to be a longwell. I also did a search on the forum, and someone attempted to sell the jerrsey on here a couple years ago...

Thanks,
    Chris

Re: Ryan Longwell Jersey on Ebay...any Green Bay Jersey Experts?

Can you post the link....

Here is a photo of him in this exact style...just can't get past the size...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't know what to think. For a guy that is 6' 0" & 200lbs, a 52 doesn't seem abnormal.

My biggest concern with it is that it was a blank that was made into a Longwell, as so many of the Favre's were.

I guess the big question is 'why wouldn't this be his jersey?' What factors indicate that this is NOT a true game worn Longwell jersey?

That was my thought...that the jersey was a blank and Longwell was added to it...But then I think you would add another name to a blank jersey instead of Longwell...wouldn't ya??

I know many a football collector get caught up in: this player only wore this or that size - ever. However, I have found that is not always the case - especially for cold weather climate teams. I know, after talking with a Jets rep, that many modern players have several different size jerseys made for them throughout the season - for use in different conditions. Maybe this could be a jersey Longwell wore late in the season at Lambeau when the weather required undergarments to keep warm (you know kickers) thus a larger jersey was required to comfortably fit over whatever he might have worn underneath? Just some food for thought, happy collecting and best of luck.

The size was what scared me away. I thought the buy it now at 399 was very resonable too for a rookie jersey & super bowl season.