Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Who Collects teams only, or random players?

My team is the Diamondbacks, and I've been collecting since they began play in '98. I collect everything DBacks, from Single-A prospects to retired vets like Matt Williams and Luis Gonzalez, to active players like Stephen Drew and Mark Reynolds. With some players (like Matty and Gonzo) I also collect their stuff from other teams...but in recent years I've gotten away from collecting other-team items from every DBacks player - it was getting ridiculous.

I will also follow the post-DBacks career of certain favorite players into retirement and coaching; for instance, I just obtained (via team auction) a red jersey worn by former Diamondback and current Charleston Riverdogs manager Greg Colbrunn during every Friday home game this past season.

The only Yankees item permitted in my collection is a jersey worn by a young Mike Morgan in 1982, 'cause MoMan is cool.

Re: Who Collects teams only, or random players?

As most of you know who frequent the GUU threads-i collect only 49ers GU. Mostly jerseys but have a few GU footballs, hats, gloves etc. I collect from 1981 to the present but my main focus is the 1994 SB team. My goal is to have a home and away shirt from every starter on that team. It has not been easy to do. I have at least one shirt from every starter except Dennis Brown, Derrick Deese, Lee Woodall, Marc Logan and one or two more.

I also collect certain players from 1981 to the present including Montana, Lott (who i am missing), Craig, Haley, Rathmann etc.

It has been a fun 16 years of collecting these shirts but i am always looking for more!

I always offer $$$$$ for any quality 49ers shirts especially shirts with team letters regardless of player. Please email if you have anything of interest.

thanks
    paul

garciajones@yahoo.com