Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

Posters,

I have spread my wings beyond Oakland A's jerseys from 1968 to 1980 and picked up a couple of Buckeye jerseys off their auction website. They have some game use, but not a ton. Some have repairs. I did notice that the nice LOA the accompanies the jersey does not say "game worn". I have not had the chance to email them, but I will this week and ask them to replace the LOA with one that states "game used". I did pick up the home Laurinatis jersey a couple of months ago. It does so game use and it appears as if it had a bowl patch that was removed.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by perlman9 View Post
    Not sure if the die-hard Buckeye fans saw it on ebay or not, but there is a Dave Burba glove available. I think the $250 may be a bit high but just thought I would mention it. I don't collect too much Buckeye stuff, but am friends with Tito Paul so have is Ohio State jersey and a Cardinals jersey
    Let me know if you are ever looking to sell the Paul Cardinals jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
    Funny, but the only one I have matched so far was my Ginn as well. I really have not tried on my others yet though. Where did you get your Ginn Jersey? I have only seen two of his for sale so far and I have one of them. Both were through NFL auctions. Also, did you pick up the Josh Huston Giants jersey or the Tomczak Bears jersey on Ebay a week or so ago.

Thanks,

Tim
    Tim,
    I got my Ginn off of ebay a couple of weeks ago...about the same time as the Huston and the Tomczak (I missed out on both of those). The Ginn I got came from the NFL Alumni Assoc. Earl Morrall Golf Outing. It came with a COA from outing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
    Here's the scoop based on what I have seen. I have purchased a few jerseys from them so far. My Zwick is great and shows some nice use. My others look new and appear to be unworn. I have e-mailed them before wanting to buy more, but wanting to make sure that they look used this time. They have never responded to any of my e-mails. I have seen a few that I have wanted to bid on in their auctions, but have been afraid to bid thinking that I'll get an unworn jersey. They had a Laurinaitis in their auction a few months ago, but I did not bid as they did not answer any of my questions and it sold for over $700.00. They seem to at least be adding more to the description in the auctions as of late as one jersey now is described as have a tear and a repair. Their inventory will be a hit and miss, so don't be surprised if you get a jersey that looks new. Also, I did get an e-mail about adding the 2006 jerseys and went immediately to their site, but all of the notable starters were not available. I believe that they keep them for the auction.
    Thanks for the heads up. I dont think Saine is a huge star so hopefully getting his gear wont be too hard to get. How often do the Bucks add to their auctions?

I have a couple Senior Bowl jerseys worn by Alex Stepanovich & Shane Olivea, both show great use w/grass stains..not game used, but have a couple OSU football letter sweaters, one from the '20s, another from the '40s. One of my favorite pieces is a signed '31 Newcomerstown HS yearbook featuring Woody Hayes as a Sr. Has to be one of his earliest signatures! Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by murfsteve25 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I dont think Saine is a huge star so hopefully getting his gear wont be too hard to get. How often do the Bucks add to their auctions?
    There is one running right now and they seem to run them continuously, each lasting around 12 days I believe. They usually start a new one within 24 hours of the old one ending.

I have a Chris Riehm Los Angeles Raiders jersey, circa 1986-88, that I purchased from a forum member (MVP Memorabilia). It's on my Houston Gamblers website and can be seen here:

http://www.houston-gamblers.com/id173.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

I'm primarily an OSU Football collector and concentrate on Game Used football pieces. It started a few years ago after a close friend gave me an Andy Katzenmoyer team issued jersey from an impeccable source. I was hooked. Through the University I learned that it was one of two for that particular year so I'd love to see the one that he used the entire season. Buckeye Gamers, that wouldn't be it on your site, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    It started a few years ago after a close friend gave me an Andy Katzenmoyer team issued jersey from an impeccable source. I was hooked. Through the University I learned that it was one of two for that particular year so I'd love to see the one that he used the entire season.
    So is each player issued 2 jerseys of each set for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    I'm primarily an OSU Football collector and concentrate on Game Used football pieces. It started a few years ago after a close friend gave me an Andy Katzenmoyer team issued jersey from an impeccable source. I was hooked. Through the University I learned that it was one of two for that particular year so I'd love to see the one that he used the entire season. Buckeye Gamers, that wouldn't be it on your site, would it?
    No I wish!!! The Big Kat jersey that I have is actually an authentic. I have a couple of authentics that I have on my website, mostly for autographs....I loved to go down to picture day, you used to be able to get a ton of autographs.....the good old days. The University sold the #45 jerseys in their bookstore that year. They didn't have many and they were pretty pricey at the time but I ended up buying a couple to have them autographed. I would love to see some photos of your Kat game issued jersey to see how the authentics stacked up. From most of the pictures that I have seen they are pretty dog gone close.