Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • murfsteve25
    • Oct 2008

Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

Just seeing who we've got out there and what does your collection look like?
    Always buying David Justice items
  • Larry Pelliccioni
    • Nov 2005

Re: Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

I have Chris Spielman's #36 helmet that is absolutely killed with a number of maize and blue hits on it thanks to that last game of the Big Ten season and the greatest rivalry in College Football although I am sure that can be debated. I also have a signed Ohio State football helmet up on ebay signed by a small number of prominent Buckeyes.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Comment

• Ozric
      • May 2007

Not a whole bunch as I have been selective in what I buy, but a nice start nonetheless. These are all game worn.

Ginn - Dolphins
      Nugent - Jets
      Byars - Eagles
      Tupa - Browns
      Germaine - Rams
      Zwick - Buckeyes
      Carpenter - Cowboys

Still Looking for a Craig Krenzel gamer and always buying other interesting Buckeye gear...

There is a collector on here that has a million Buckeye jerseys. I'm sure he'll be posting soon.

Thanks,

Tim

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net

Comment

• buckeyegamers
        • Nov 2005

Not a million yet, but I am up to 110 NFL gamers of former Buckeyes plus many OSU gamers from various sports. Check out my photobucket for pics: http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/

Comment

• buckeyegamers
          • Nov 2005

Have you been able to photomatch any of yours yet? I just started to try that thanks to one of the members of this site. I was able to photomatch my latest pick up, my Ginn jersey. I was able to match it to last season's Chargers game. It was a lot of fun searching for photo's of the jersey

Comment

• murfsteve25
            • Oct 2008

Have any of you guys bought football jerseys from the OSU website? I was looking on there yesterday and saw a ton for sale. I am trying to get in contact with somebody at OSU to see what I can do about getting Brandon Saine's jersey. Anyone know if they'll do a preorder or any other type of arrangement?

Comment

• chakes89
              • May 2006

Has anyone ever seen any Matt Wilhelm NFL stuff?
              I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• Ozric
                • May 2007

Originally posted by buckeyegamers
                Have you been able to photomatch any of yours yet? I just started to try that thanks to one of the members of this site. I was able to photomatch my latest pick up, my Ginn jersey. I was able to match it to last season's Chargers game. It was a lot of fun searching for photo's of the jersey
                Funny, but the only one I have matched so far was my Ginn as well. I really have not tried on my others yet though. Where did you get your Ginn Jersey? I have only seen two of his for sale so far and I have one of them. Both were through NFL auctions. Also, did you pick up the Josh Huston Giants jersey or the Tomczak Bears jersey on Ebay a week or so ago.

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

• Ozric
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by murfsteve25
                  Have any of you guys bought football jerseys from the OSU website? I was looking on there yesterday and saw a ton for sale. I am trying to get in contact with somebody at OSU to see what I can do about getting Brandon Saine's jersey. Anyone know if they'll do a preorder or any other type of arrangement?

Here's the scoop based on what I have seen. I have purchased a few jerseys from them so far. My Zwick is great and shows some nice use. My others look new and appear to be unworn. I have e-mailed them before wanting to buy more, but wanting to make sure that they look used this time. They have never responded to any of my e-mails. I have seen a few that I have wanted to bid on in their auctions, but have been afraid to bid thinking that I'll get an unworn jersey. They had a Laurinaitis in their auction a few months ago, but I did not bid as they did not answer any of my questions and it sold for over $700.00. They seem to at least be adding more to the description in the auctions as of late as one jersey now is described as have a tear and a repair. Their inventory will be a hit and miss, so don't be surprised if you get a jersey that looks new. Also, I did get an e-mail about adding the 2006 jerseys and went immediately to their site, but all of the notable starters were not available. I believe that they keep them for the auction.

Comment

• perlman9
                    • Dec 2007

Not sure if the die-hard Buckeye fans saw it on ebay or not, but there is a Dave Burba glove available. I think the $250 may be a bit high but just thought I would mention it. I don't collect too much Buckeye stuff, but am friends with Tito Paul so have is Ohio State jersey and a Cardinals jersey
                    Jason Perlman
                    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• Moustache Gang
                      • Mar 2007

Posters,

I have spread my wings beyond Oakland A's jerseys from 1968 to 1980 and picked up a couple of Buckeye jerseys off their auction website. They have some game use, but not a ton. Some have repairs. I did notice that the nice LOA the accompanies the jersey does not say "game worn". I have not had the chance to email them, but I will this week and ask them to replace the LOA with one that states "game used". I did pick up the home Laurinatis jersey a couple of months ago. It does so game use and it appears as if it had a bowl patch that was removed.

Mark

Comment

• buckeyegamers
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by perlman9
                        Not sure if the die-hard Buckeye fans saw it on ebay or not, but there is a Dave Burba glove available. I think the $250 may be a bit high but just thought I would mention it. I don't collect too much Buckeye stuff, but am friends with Tito Paul so have is Ohio State jersey and a Cardinals jersey
                        Let me know if you are ever looking to sell the Paul Cardinals jersey.

Comment

• buckeyegamers
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Ozric
                          Funny, but the only one I have matched so far was my Ginn as well. I really have not tried on my others yet though. Where did you get your Ginn Jersey? I have only seen two of his for sale so far and I have one of them. Both were through NFL auctions. Also, did you pick up the Josh Huston Giants jersey or the Tomczak Bears jersey on Ebay a week or so ago.

Thanks,

Tim
                          Tim,
                          I got my Ginn off of ebay a couple of weeks ago...about the same time as the Huston and the Tomczak (I missed out on both of those). The Ginn I got came from the NFL Alumni Assoc. Earl Morrall Golf Outing. It came with a COA from outing.

Comment

• murfsteve25
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ozric
                            Here's the scoop based on what I have seen. I have purchased a few jerseys from them so far. My Zwick is great and shows some nice use. My others look new and appear to be unworn. I have e-mailed them before wanting to buy more, but wanting to make sure that they look used this time. They have never responded to any of my e-mails. I have seen a few that I have wanted to bid on in their auctions, but have been afraid to bid thinking that I'll get an unworn jersey. They had a Laurinaitis in their auction a few months ago, but I did not bid as they did not answer any of my questions and it sold for over $700.00. They seem to at least be adding more to the description in the auctions as of late as one jersey now is described as have a tear and a repair. Their inventory will be a hit and miss, so don't be surprised if you get a jersey that looks new. Also, I did get an e-mail about adding the 2006 jerseys and went immediately to their site, but all of the notable starters were not available. I believe that they keep them for the auction.
                            Thanks for the heads up. I dont think Saine is a huge star so hopefully getting his gear wont be too hard to get. How often do the Bucks add to their auctions?

Comment

• pietraynor
                              • Nov 2005

I have a couple Senior Bowl jerseys worn by Alex Stepanovich & Shane Olivea, both show great use w/grass stains..not game used, but have a couple OSU football letter sweaters, one from the '20s, another from the '40s. One of my favorite pieces is a signed '31 Newcomerstown HS yearbook featuring Woody Hayes as a Sr. Has to be one of his earliest signatures! Jay.

Comment

Working...