Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffaary
    • Jan 2009

Re: Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

Gary:

From a "whose jersey was it" and "battle damage" point of view that is definitely a great jersey. From an aesthetic perspective, though, IMO this is your best NFL jersey:

IMO the rest of your top ten best looking jerseys are Bobby Carpenter Dallas double star, Nate Clements black Bengals, Michael Jenkins red Falcons, David Boston blue Chargers, Keith Byars kelly green Eagles, Vernon Gholston green Jets, Chris Spielman brown Browns, Vaughn Broadnax Bucco Bruce creamsicle, & Ashton Youboty blue Bills throwback.

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
      • Nov 2012

Finally!!! I have been looking for this jersey for over 2 years! I would say this is probably one of the best Ohio State jerseys out there. Also my first Ohio State hockey jersey. Now I am hoping the baseball and basketball teams maybe let go of their Camo jerseys. Love Ohio State military tribute items.

Buckeyegamers - Awesome Eddie George jersey. Love when a jersey shows a ton of use.

Jeffaary - Ya I heard Cheatwood was playing in Arena Football for a while. I think the Uniforms options you mentioned would be pretty cool. It would be interesting to see how they could do the stripes on the shoulders. Give the jersey a whole new look.
      Attached Files

Comment

• jeffaary
        • Jan 2009

That's a pretty good first hockey jersey. I'm looking for one of those myself, and also one of these OSU camos:

I believe this was only worn once. I didn't even know about it until I took my kids to an OSU women's hockey game in January and a fan was wearing one of these gamers.

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
          • Nov 2012

I also didnt know about those camo jerseys until a few days ago. I was trying to see if I could find some pictures of this camo jersey and saw the same picture you posted. Hopefully it isnt another 2+ years of waiting and looking haha.

Comment

• buckeyegamers
            • Nov 2005

Love the OSU camos. I'm not sure of the year on mine, but I know I was on the hunt for one for a few years before I found this one a couple years ago.

Comment

• mrozie
              • Aug 2006

Here's a sideline cape, not sure of the year.

Late 70's-early 80's Luther Henson

Red jersey #57, nnob????
              Attached Files

Comment

• tom1315
                • Mar 2008

Here is a multi-season worn gamer. Really hard to find OSU gamers. This one has two recertification stickers - one on top of the other - year showing 2004. Riddell mask dated 01-03. The pictures do not do justice to the silver flake - sparkle - paint job...really nice paint work. Facemask clips dated 06 and 07. Note the black marker markings by the cheekpad and in the top of the helmet. The lid is cracked on the right side...does not hurt the look though at all. I wonder if the equipment manager made the comment in the top of the shell -
                "Display Only Cracked Shell 10/26" then a signature...anyone recognize the signature?

The paint job is just gorgeous...pictures do not show how nicely done.

Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate
                Attached Files

Comment

• bgakladd
                  • Dec 2007

Tom... I can check with Rob Lachey if I run into him. He works in athletic dept. at OSU and still does I think. His family lives about 25 minutes from me. He helps to bring a lot of helmets and jerseys from Ohio State back to stag night hosted by Jim Lachey in his old home town for fund raising purposes. I bought a lot of jerseys years ago, included were B. Hoying, T. Hoying, Katzenmoyer, M. Vrabel, Finkes, and Fickle. I bought several helmet then and saw plenty with numbers inside but not initials. They had red or black permanent marker numbers. I remember somebody trying to sell me this about a year ago. I thought it might of been worn by Maurice Clarett since I saw the MC 13 inside, but saw he never wore a high snap chin strap. Did you get this from a lady who sells on Ebay from Columbus area??? I got your pictures saved and will try to show them to him and see what you have.

Comment

• tom1315
                    • Mar 2008

Good morning "bgakladd," Yes, purchased from a lady in Columbus. She had this older gamer and three or four of the recent worn throwbacks. I asked more questions, looked at additional pictures and got comfortable with it.

Would love to have Rob's input and narrow down to a player who could have worn.

Many thanks, Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
                      • Nov 2012

Awesome stuff guys! So glad to see this thread up and running again. Glad to see some pictures of some new stuff out there. Lets keep this thread going!!!!!

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
                        • Nov 2012

I am posting these pictures for fellow forum member "moustache gang". He is having trouble logging on. Amazing jersey...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• aallanson
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by OSUBucksCollector
                          I am posting these pictures for fellow forum member "moustache gang". He is having trouble logging on. Amazing jersey...
                          Outstanding jersey! Even as a Seminole collector, I can appreciate the beauty of some of these. My kingdom for an old FSU jersey like one of these. Almost makes me want to branch out my collection into other schools. Almost

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
                            • Nov 2012

Jeffaary

Could you send me an email? I have some information to pass on to you. Thanks! Wish I was posting a pickup in here haha.

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
                              • Nov 2012

I know I started a thread for this helmet, and I hate double posting, but had to try and get the Ohio State topic going again. Go Bucks!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• jeffaary
                                • Jan 2009

Just got in some new hockey jerseys. First, Mark Skogstad saw this thread and asked if he could buy his jersey. I had to replace it with a similar jersey, which is this Jeff Winter:

I also came up with this Steve Richards mesh style. It is hammered/stained/washed out. My white Eddie Choi previously posted is the same way. I see why the Bucks went from this style to a heavier jersey:

This one I'm super excited about. It is the match to my other Brian Morrison jersey with the CCHA 25th anniversary and Big Ten Centennial patches, 3-D numbers, and OSU shoulder logos. I've never seen another jersey from this season and I'm really glad to reunite the pair:

Comment

Working...