Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

I've got some stuff to post. I just need time to take pics and upload them.

Jeffaary - Awesome! Looking forward to it. Lets get this thread back and running haha

Some recent Hockey pick ups.

Frozen Diamond Face Off jersey

2006 Umberger IIHF World Championships gamer

2010-11 Umberger Blue Jackets home gamer

A little OSU linked baseball

2012 Nick Swisher game used jersey. Steiner COA and photo matched as Swish's last regular season Yankees jersey. Used in the final series against Boston. Nick went 7 for 11 in the series.

This should take this thread off life support.

How about a 1968 home football jersey? This was worn by William Hackett Jr. He didn't play much, but his father was an All-American at OSU and one of the driving forces behind getting the Bengals franchise in Cincinnati. I was able to track him down via twitter and he authenticated the jersey for me:

I took a chance on this Buckeye road jersey on Ebay this year. The pictures didn't show any of the damage and the seller was less than helpful with information. But I wanted a roadie with the previous style sleeve stripes and bought it for cheap. When it arrived it had NNOB, but it was hammered. It took about 2 minutes to photo match this as Anthony Schlegel's jersey from the 2005 Michigan game - a great comeback victory for the Bucks and probably Schlegel's best game as a Buckeye which was important after Bobby Carpenter went down on the first series:

From my previous posts you may recall my family is from Ohio but we moved to Boston when I was 4. So I collect jerseys of Buckeye alumni who play(ed) professionally in Boston. With that in mind it doesn't get much better than the Super Bowl jersey of my childhood hero, Keith Byars. This was on Ebay and due to the tagging, the lack of pictures showing damage, and the seller's lack of knowledge about it, I thought it was a team issue or a Custom Crafted Special (google that if you don't know what it means). I passed on it for $300. One of my Patriots jersey suppliers bought it and figured out what it was. Needless to say I did not get it for $300 the second time around. Photo and video matched to Super Bowl 31. Here it is with his Super Bowl locker nameplate I bought off a forum member:

Can't have Byars' white Super Bowl jersey without his blue divisional playoff and AFC Championship jersey can you? I got this from the Patriots' on-line store. Neither they nor I realized what it was until I received it. It took me about 2 seconds to photomatch it to the playoff games:

Byars' team mate during that period was fellow Buckeye Terry Glenn. Here's one of Terry's rookie home jerseys:

I posted this before, but it goes with the others. Shawn Springs' 2009 Wembley jersey. Ironically, this came from my main Boston Bruins jersey supplier:

Speaking of the Boston Bruins, until 2011 there weren't really any Buckeye Bruins for me to collect until prospect Matt Bartkowski was part of a trade with the Florida Panthers (the Bruins also got current Blue Jacket Nathan Horton in that deal). Here is Matt's 2010 OSU barberpole alternate:

Matt has spent most of his time with the Bruins' AHL affiliate in Providence. Here is his alternate P-Bruins jersey from last season:

Matt played in 3 games with the big club his rookie year. Here is the alternate jersey he wore that season:

Matt has managed to be with the big club at the right time, however. In 2011 he did not play but was with the team for the Stanley Cup Finals and lifted the cup on the ice. He was also with the team for the Finals this year and did not play, but did participate in the pre-game skate before all six games. Here are his 2013 Stanley Cup Finals jerseys:

Moving on to Buckeye hockey players without any connection to the Bruins, here is Justin DaSilva's road and alternate jerseys with the CCHA farewell patch from last season:

Here is Riley Simpson's Frozen Faceoff special:

Devon' Krogh's home and alternate from 2011-12. Love the Buckeye leaves on the yoke of the new home jerseys:

My Buckeye hockey collection skips many years because I thought their jerseys for the first decade of this century were pretty boring.

Andre Signoretti 1999:

Vinnie Grant 1998 alternate:

Bryan Morrison 1995-96 with CCHA 25th anniversary patch and Big Ten Centennial patch. Never seen another jersey like it. I tracked Brian down via Linkedin and he authenticated it for me:

The next two jerseys have an interesting back story. They used to belong to the collector I bought the Bartkowski barberpole from. They, along with many others, were stolen from his OSU dorm room in the 1990's. We figured that out when we were comparing collections. This one is Mark Skogstad's white jersey with his name misspelled:

Ryan Root's red jersey:

Eddie Choi's 1990-91 jersey with CCHA 20th anniversary patch:

My oldest OSU hockey jersey, Stacey Hartnell 1988-89. I also tracked Stacey down via Linkedin and had him authenticate it:

Can we call off Dr Kevorkian? I think this thread is off life support...

Its alive, its alive!!!!! Awesome pics guys. I have run in to a few other collectors that are also in to Hockey. Am I missing something here? HAHA. Once I get a chance to take a few pics I will post a few more things up here. Super excited to get this thread back going again.

Jeffaary - Any idea on where that number font came from? The reason I bring it up is because right when I saw it I knew I saw a five like that before...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/0...jersey-numbers

Maybe just a coincidence...kind of strange though.

buckeyegamers - Nice swisher jersey. I was trying to find a Cleveland one. Have not really searched too hard. Plus most of my collecting funds go to Ohio State football items.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUBucksCollector View Post
    I have run in to a few other collectors that are also in to Hockey. Am I missing something here? HAHA.
    Yes. Hockey jerseys rule. Football jerseys have numbers on the front. Hockey jerseys have artwork. Hockey jerseys are way cooler than football jerseys from an aesthetic point of view IMO.