Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steiner Auction

Re: Steiner Auction

I think it's a case of really bad descriptions and or titles not an attempt to be shady.

Banned

I agree with Ken, shady was a bad choice of words. I meant to say surprisingly low quality for an auction house like Steiner. I suggest everyone read the descriptions very carefully.
    I found some of the descriptions to be very corny- heavy use and cracked makes this bat significantly more valuable than a bat with minimal use. Makes you believe they expect their bidders to be very uneducated in the hobby.
    Best of luck to the bidders. Seems like there are a lot of items that people got stuck with and are trying to flip in a lesser known auction to recoup some of their money and I definitely was not trying to keep bidders away- calling attention to the auction is not the best way to do that.

A bat with heavy use WOULD be more valuable than a bat with minimal use, correct? Cracking impacts value, yes, but, heavy use is good...

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    I agree with Ken, shady was a bad choice of words. I meant to say surprisingly low quality for an auction house like Steiner. I suggest everyone read the descriptions very carefully.
    I found some of the descriptions to be very corny- heavy use and cracked makes this bat significantly more valuable than a bat with minimal use. Makes you believe they expect their bidders to be very uneducated in the hobby.
    Best of luck to the bidders. Seems like there are a lot of items that people got stuck with and are trying to flip in a lesser known auction to recoup some of their money and I definitely was not trying to keep bidders away- calling attention to the auction is not the best way to do that.
    equals this????? items look pretty good except for current price of Sheff bat...

Looks like a lot of shady game used items at best. Seems like Steiner is trying to use their brand name to flip a bunch of marginal items to the naive/novice game used collector. It will catch up to them one day, but it's a shame to see someone who doesn't need to do this, doing it.

So to summarize there isn't one item that is "Shady" in their auction. There are some lesser graded items which will go for lesser prices. Imagine that. The descriptions are generic at times but I don't find any of them attempting to be misleading. Seems like a post that needs a good old fashioned deleting.
    I still haven't seen the list of items that are shady?

They do have a buch of cards in screw down holders which is known to damage the cards.

Smile Re: Steiner Auction

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaseball View Post
    So to summarize there isn't one item that is "Shady" in their auction. There are some lesser graded items which will go for lesser prices. Imagine that. The descriptions are generic at times but I don't find any of them attempting to be misleading. Seems like a post that needs a good old fashioned deleting.
    I still haven't seen the list of items that are shady?
    U r right...we'll see how quickly that happens...

Quote Originally Posted by gilbey View Post
    They do have a buch of cards in screw down holders which is known to damage the cards.
    Pretty sure thats not shady!

Thumbs up Re: Steiner Auction

ok this is insane! The auction is still going the next morning! Were there really bids every 15 minutes all night and if so shouldnt they just cut it off at a certain time! Really stupid!

If you search by "most recent bids" you come up with some really great stuff worth keeping the extended bidding going over 12 hours....most notably a Jim Palmer singled signed baseball. Just don't see those all the time