Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

Just seeing who we've got out there and what does your collection look like?

Re: Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

I have Chris Spielman's #36 helmet that is absolutely killed with a number of maize and blue hits on it thanks to that last game of the Big Ten season and the greatest rivalry in College Football although I am sure that can be debated. I also have a signed Ohio State football helmet up on ebay signed by a small number of prominent Buckeyes.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Not a whole bunch as I have been selective in what I buy, but a nice start nonetheless. These are all game worn.

Ginn - Dolphins
    Nugent - Jets
    Byars - Eagles
    Tupa - Browns
    Germaine - Rams
    Zwick - Buckeyes
    Carpenter - Cowboys

Still Looking for a Craig Krenzel gamer and always buying other interesting Buckeye gear...

There is a collector on here that has a million Buckeye jerseys. I'm sure he'll be posting soon.

Thanks,

Tim

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net

Just got this 1959 #45 Ohio State red jersey. It came from the Ron Weldy family. Ron played at Ohio State in 1959. He wore #76 then and had this in his collection along with an actual 1959 Ohio State playbook (Rare). The sleeves are hemmed in a white thread, looks like an alteration on the area with a white thread stitching. The 1959 jerseys had a white sleeve cuff there in that year. The roster that year had Jim Herbstreit (Kirk's father) wearing #45. Don't know if it was used in regular season but was used in practice that year according to the family members. Size is 42 and has Sandknit tagging on the bottom. Very rare 50's jersey that goes great in my OSU #45 collection along with A. Griffin and A. Katzenmoyer jerseys. Thanks Vinnie (Vinn10zo) for helping me get this!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

It took over 35 years to track one of these down, but I finally got a 1987 Earle Bruce headband that was worn in the Ohio State Michigan game in 1987. These were worn in honor of Earle Bruce as he was to be let go as head coach after the 1987 season. Picked this up from #51 Greg Zackeroff who played on the offensive line for the buckeyes that year. Photo of Greg standing behind Bruce after the game.

Forgot to mention that is Greg Zackeroff holding the headband in the last pic too.

That is such an awesome addition! Congrats!

Kurt Coleman and Brandon Saine
    Always buying David Justice items

Not a million yet, but I am up to 110 NFL gamers of former Buckeyes plus many OSU gamers from various sports. Check out my photobucket for pics: http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/

Have you been able to photomatch any of yours yet? I just started to try that thanks to one of the members of this site. I was able to photomatch my latest pick up, my Ginn jersey. I was able to match it to last season's Chargers game. It was a lot of fun searching for photo's of the jersey