Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozric
    • May 2007

Re: Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

Originally posted by Huron
    Not necessarily the tip , Ozric, but I have a few other items tucked away. Thanks to perlman9 I was able to add the Glenn helmet that is in this thread and I have a few other items that I'll hold onto. I'm trying to purge, so to speak.

Here's Art Schlichter's Helmet from 1981 that still is in my collection...
    That's a beauty and I really appreciate you sharing it with us... Thanks again my friend. How about anything from Keith Byars? I went to school at Ohio State while he was there and sat next to him on a campus bus. I could not believe how big his thighs were.

Comment

• Huron
      • Nov 2005

Happy to share. Unfortunately I don't have anything from Byars. Let's see some more Buckeye memorabilia out there!

Comment

• Laser110
        • Mar 2009

Great Stuff here. That Terry Glenn helmet is sweet. Terry was my neighbor his freshman year, my sophomore year in the Towers. A really nice guy overall. Would love to own that one.

Here is a few of my items. I have some OSU hockey stuff as well including the only known jersey from the 1971-72 CCHA Championship Team. The story i have been told was that the guy I got it from, his boss and brother worked at the OSU Ice rink and the jersey had become soiled with toe guard making them useless after the season. Thye were throwing them away and asked if anyone wanted one. They each took one, that wasn't soiled and the rest were pitched. I have one, the other noone has heard about in about 20 years or so and it too may be gone.

Some highlights of the Ccollection include a 1997 Rose Bowl ring, a 1950 Snow Bowl Program, Helmet beleived to be worn by Greg Bellisari, Early Eddie George helmet, and a jersey worn by Juan Porter.

Scott

Comment

• perlman9
          • Dec 2007

Hey Scott
          Shoot me an email, I may have a few items you would like
          jperlman@ohaflcio.org
          Jason Perlman
          jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• jeffaary
            • Jan 2009

I can finally play in this thread. My familiy is originally from Ohio. We moved to Boston when I was four. So I root for Buckeye football & basketball, plus the four Boston professional teams. (I now live in Arizona and also root for ASU baseball and the Arena Football League's Rattlers, but back to the topic at hand...)

Another board member answered my want ad for a game used Patriots jersey worn by a former Buckeye. I am now the proud owner of this Shawn Springs Patriots jersey from the 2009 game at Wembley:

Springs is one of my all time favorite Buckeyes. One of the greatest cover corners to ever play the game. An added bonus to me is the 50th anniversary logo with the old school Patriot from my youth. I couldn't be more pleased to own this jersey.

Now I just need to find a game worn Buckeye home jersey to fill the last empty space on my wall. If anyone can help I'd love a home jersey with rock solid documentation from the 1988-2005 era (love that style of sleeve stripes).

Thanks for looking.

Comment

• cubsWSchamps
              • May 2010

Does anyone know where i can pickup a Troy Smith jersey? iv been wanting to for awhile

Comment

• AWA85
                • Jan 2008

Have you tried any of the tattoo parlors around Columbus?

Looking forward to Nebraska joining the BIG10, GO BIG RED!
                Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• jeffaary
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by AWA85
                  Have you tried any of the tattoo parlors around Columbus?

Looking forward to Nebraska joining the BIG10, GO BIG RED!
                  I'm too afraid to go to that tattoo parlor. I heard Lawrence Phillips, Christian Peter and Richie Incognito have been hanging out there.

I'm thinking Nebraska fans shouldn't be making comments about Ohio State.....

Comment

• Shipp_96
                    • Feb 2011

Ahh, Nebraska have yet to play a single game in the new Big 10, and already the trash talk begins...LOL !

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
                      • Nov 2012

I know I posted this in college game used but thought I would revive the Ohio State thread. It has been a long time since someone has posted. Picked up a pretty cool/unique Ohio State jersey. A 2010 Ohio State spring game jersey. Never thought I would find one because I didn't know they were auctioned off. Hopefully maybe I can find a scarlet one to go with this one. Go Bucks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• murfsteve25
                        • Oct 2008

That's a sweet jersey!
                        Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
                          • Nov 2012

Thanks Steve. I was hoping it would have pulled some more buckeye fans out. I know there are still a few on here. Was also hoping to see some more college football items too. Maybe as we get further in to the year. Hopefully I can get some more stuff to keep the thread alive.

Comment

• zonker
                            • Sep 2006

hey osu, do you know anything about this jersey? any help would be appreciated.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• murfsteve25
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by OSUBucksCollector
                              Thanks Steve. I was hoping it would have pulled some more buckeye fans out. I know there are still a few on here. Was also hoping to see some more college football items too. Maybe as we get further in to the year. Hopefully I can get some more stuff to keep the thread alive.
                              Its hit or miss on here sometimes. I'm a huge bucks fan but sometimes I'll go too long without checking the forum. But when I do, if I see something pop up in the OSU threads then I know I HAVE to check it out. I'm sure more action will arise in this thread soon enough
                              Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
                                • Nov 2012

Zonker - Just a quick look at it I would guess it is probably from some type of High Scool all star game. I will try and do a little research. Could be big 33, OVAC game, and I am sure there are others out there. Do you have any history on it at all?

Steve - Do you collect Ohio State stuff. I didn't go back through the thread because I am responding from my phone. I know you started it a while back. I hope some more action comes to the thread. I love seeing what others have and possibly trading buying etc

Comment

Working...