Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Quote Originally Posted by gannonknight85 View Post
    hey skyking can you post a picture of that case?
    I'll send one to your email address in a bit; I do not know how to post pics on forum yet. I need a tutorial.

Talk soon - RK (skyking)
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    I'll send one to your email address in a bit; I do not know how to post pics on forum yet. I need a tutorial.

Talk soon - RK (skyking)
    If you email me the pic, I will post it for you. danno_45255 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    If you email me the pic, I will post it for you. danno_45255 @ yahoo.com
    I'll send a few over now...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Wow that price is cheap I;m gonna have to snag a few of them thanks for the heads up

Here is Skyking's case:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for posting Dan! There is a bat rack just below this case that holds 12 bats.

I've done different things throughout the room. I have several "full" uniforms, the pictured being the best really.

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL

Banned

When building my wife's orthodontic practice, I had the cabinet maker build a custom display unit that showcases my game used equipment. It was with 2 removable felt inserts (black and white), allowing either a home white or road jersey to be shown against the contrasting color. It's made from cherry wood, and has UV glass on front, secured by hidden lock under the frame.

Both the children and parents enjoy seeing the different jerseys and related equipment that is frequently changed. The current display showcases Mike Schimidt's game worn home jersey, pre-game and hat. We also include a brief description of the player, the items shown and add a photo of the player wearing the same style jersey.

I suggest contacting a custom cabinet maker in your local area and have a case designed and built to your exact dimensions. Although it may cost a bit more, you'll have the perfect display vehicle.

Name:  DSCF2800.JPG
Views: 403
Size:  239.3 KB

Name:  DSCF2801.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  248.9 KB

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    When building my wife's orthodontic practice, I had the cabinet maker build a custom display unit that showcases my game used equipment. It was with 2 removable felt inserts (black and white), allowing either a home white or road jersey to be shown against the contrasting color. It's made from cherry wood, and has UV glass on front, secured by hidden lock under the frame.

Both the children and parents enjoy seeing the different jerseys and related equipment that is frequently changed. The current display showcases Mike Schimidt's game worn home jersey, pre-game and hat. We also include a brief description of the player, the items shown and add a photo of the player wearing the same style jersey.

I suggest contacting a custom cabinet maker in your local area and have a case designed and built to your exact dimensions. Although it may cost a bit more, you'll have the perfect display vehicle.

Attachment 19302

Attachment 19303

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net
    Gorgeous cabinet Howard. Is that the wife and daughter pictured? Cute girl. Must take after your wife......lol
    ROBERT KOPPEL

Jersey Display suggestions

I was thinking of ways to display my jerseys. I saw the thread about the hangers and was considering that and then maybe a dry-clean bag around it to keep them from getting dusty? I have seen people with those mannequin type things where the football jersey is real tight around it which is pretty cool, but I am not sure where to find that or how much that would cost. I was also thinking about perhaps something football pads to pull them around. Can anyone give some suggestions as to how or what they did for what looks good? Pics would be preferred as a visual aid. Thanks!

Re: Jersey Display suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by CUTiger23 View Post
    I was thinking of ways to display my jerseys. I saw the thread about the hangers and was considering that and then maybe a dry-clean bag around it to keep them from getting dusty? I have seen people with those mannequin type things where the football jersey is real tight around it which is pretty cool, but I am not sure where to find that or how much that would cost. I was also thinking about perhaps something football pads to pull them around. Can anyone give some suggestions as to how or what they did for what looks good? Pics would be preferred as a visual aid. Thanks!
    I'm one of the guys that uses Mannequins, but for baseball that works good as the jerseys look natural. If I did football, I would probably consider mannequins, but I would also scout my local used Sporting Goods store for used Shoulder Pads to put under the jersey to give it the right hang and such.

As far as dust and all, it depends on where you're displaying and storing them - for my jerseys on hangers, I usually use either dry-cleaner bags or 'shoulder bags' - they cover the shoulder area to keep dust and such from collecting where the jersey lays on the hanger bar. I get those at Wa-Mart or Target where they carry hangers.

All the best -

Chris