Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Ernie Harwell Night

The Tigers honored broadcasting legend and Detroit icon Ernie Harwell last night with an onfield ceremony tribute. Nice, but being a Wednesday and crowds a bit thin in September I thought it a bit odd of a choice. It would have been a better choice to at least make it a weekend game where the crowds where heavier? Just my thoughts.

I've met him on many occasions and he has been diagnosed with inoperable cancer. It is just a matter of time. Very sad. He deserved a better tribute I thought. Class act, Detroit and the Tigers have been so fortunate to have him for so long...

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

Re: Ernie Harwell Night

And if he didnt make it until the weekend? Then what?

Banned

Just a bit of trivia!!!

Ernie is the only announcer in baseball history to be traded for a player!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mauer7 View Post
    And if he didnt make it until the weekend? Then what?
    It's not quite that bad...but bad. I just thought a dim Wed. night with low crowds was a bit cheesy. I expected some comments like this. I think Ernie is class and I want the best for people I respect, that is all, simply put. A weekend game would have been much better and I think most would agree with that assessment.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

I am going to a viewing tonight for a friend who lost her mother this past Mon to cancer. She was diagnossed 2 weeks ago today. I also lost my father to cancer 8 yrs ago he survived a year after he was diagnossed. So you never know.
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    I am going to a viewing tonight for a friend who lost her mother this past Mon to cancer. She was diagnossed 2 weeks ago today. I also lost my father to cancer 8 yrs ago he survived a year after he was diagnossed. So you never know.
    A friend just lost her 47 year old husband to cancer. He was diagnosed in August and lasted 30 days. I agree, you never you...
    ROBERT KOPPEL