Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Yankees Clinch Playoff Spot!

you would think with their payroll the would have clinched a month ago.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kirkb View Post
    Ya they bought another one. How exhilerating.
    I love comments like this.

With all the money we spend we have't one a World Series since 2000.

Meanwhile all the other clubs have the opportunities to do it and just choke when it comes to laying out a few big dollars for the same players.

Let's not forget the Yankees went from 78 to 96 with out winning a championship.

As I repeat - I never understood why fans are mad at the Yankees for doing what ownership is supposed to do by going out and getting the best players they can. When the should be mad at there own ownership for not doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I love comments like this.

With all the money we spend we have't one a World Series since 2000.

Meanwhile all the other clubs have the opportunities to do it and just choke when it comes to laying out a few big dollars for the same players.

Let's not forget the Yankees went from 78 to 96 with out winning a championship.

As I repeat - I never understood why fans are mad at the Yankees for doing what ownership is supposed to do by going out and getting the best players they can. When the should be mad at there own ownership for not doing it.
    Uh...could it be it's because the Yankee$--by sheer accident of geography--have substantially more $$$ to play with than any other team?
    Let's say baseball's regular season is a 100-yard dash. With the money they have (that no one else in the game does) the Yankee$ start that race 10 feet from the finish line. Absent an amazing amount of injuries or utter front office ineptitude, the Yankee$ should never lose the AL East under MLB's current financial system.
    That they haven't won a WS in a while is a testament to what a crap shoot the playoffs are and the Yankee$ reluctance to direct the proper percentage of their annual $200MM payroll to a good bullpen.

The people who make points about payroll are just jealous of the yankees. If their team did the same the thing by giving players large contracts and paying them lots of money, they would not say a word. The Yankees front office is about winning, when your a winning team your not able to get the good draft picks like the trash teams get.

Same ole crying and complaining year after year, i love it. For all you Yankees bashers, and HONESTY is the key here. How ever they did it, money, bribes, Hoffa whatever, would you guys rather be working on number "27" this year or are all of you really happy with working on whatever number your team is working on (However low that may be)??? Just kidding, I speak for myself, nothing wrong with trying to put the best product on the field year after year, fans like it and support it, they make a ton and put back a ton, all for the fans........

George

I think the payroll complaint is just that, buying your self a playoff spot is not a talent it's a transaction. The Yanks really do take the competion and fun out of the game with their marketing. And, I do praise The Boss for buying that team for a low price and making them, IMO, the most successful sports and financial franchise there is.