I have to chime in being as I was just in this situation on 9/9/09 at Coors Field when I retrieved Eric Young Jr's 1st MLB HR.

Although I felt a bit 'rushed' by the Rockies personnel, I already have every intent of getting the ball back to EY in exchange for an AUTOd GU Ball. Unfortunately, the Rockies didn't give me enough time with EY to really even ask for an inscription, so I will have to do that on my own with EY whenever I catch him signing autos or at Spring Training next year.

As far as the fan wanting cash? What a douchebag.

Although, I have to say that my friends asked if I would have held out for more if it wasn't a player I had already met and liked...

My response was that I could only think of one player I would 'hold hostage' for his 1st MLB HR and that's Stephen Strasburg. After he and Bore@$$ held the Nationals and MLB Hostage, I would have no problem keeping his 1st MLB HR in my man cave... Yes, I know he's a pitcher - I'm just making a point... I'm sure there are others that I would 'hold hostage' because of how I have seen them slight or treat others...

How about any of you? Any players you wouldn't feel bad telling to suck it unless they wanted to meet your demands?

- Chris