Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question thoughts about game used joe jackson bat on ebay

On Ebay,I have recently bid on a Joe Jackson post 1930's barnstorming bat graded A4 by Mears.I was the first to bid the item at $2000.00.The auction has been over for a few days.the winning bid was about $7600.00.The winning bidder I was told had a problem with the transaction,and since was offered a second chance offer,to purchase the bat at $2000.00.The seller username was Bluechipinvestments.Does anybody know anything about them,or as to why they would be selling the bat so cheep when there was three bidders,and I was the first.would appreciate any help.afraid to pull trigger.Thanks

Re: thoughts about game used joe jackson bat on ebay

Be very, very careful to make sure that the email regarding this item came directly from the seller of this item. I just recently was the runner up bidder on an ebay auction and the exact same thing happened to me just last week. Somebody claiming to be the seller sent me an email with all the ebay flags, and logos attached as if it came through ebay with the items description and so forth. The guy said he needed to sell this item and would take less than 1/3rd its final bid price and less than half of his buy it now price. After asking a few questions, I quickly realized that this was not the seller and was in fact a con artist. The fake person wanted me to Western Union money to him and said he would mail the bat right away. Just be very careful, I contacted ebay and they said that it was not a listed ebay seller. If you are sure it is the same person that is selling the bat that is fine, but if you are not careful, you might find yourself out of money real quick with nothing to show for it.

Thanks
    Brett

P.S. I have been doing business on ebay for about 8 or 9 years and this is the first time anything like that has ever happened to me.

By the way, the email that was sent was exactly like you said, a second chance offer. Please verify that this is an authentic email from the seller. The email that was sent to me told me to contact the seller through another email address not through the ask seller a question method on ebay. That is another dead give away that this is a scam.

Banned

If it is a legitimate "Second Chance Offer" you will be able to find the e-mail in the message section of your "My eBay".

The bat is worth the 2k, just make sure you pay with a credit card and stipulate that the bat must be shipped via overnight mail on the day after payment has been made.

Make sure you get a tracking number that day.

If the seller says that is ok and then doesn't send you a real tracking number, or you don't get the bat when promised, file a complaint with PayPal and that will place a hold on your payment.

Good luck.

I looked for the bat under 'completed listings,' but was unable to find it... do you have a link ???

Mike

Banned

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info on the Munson bat.

On the Jackson bat, go to the completed auctions page and type in "Joe Jackson" with "Price: highest first"

It's right at the top of the page.

Banned

fence i dont know if your second chance offer is real or not but someone recently just mentioned Bluechip investments in one of the other posts questioning there items. Find that post and judge for yourself from all the advice given to you and try to make the right decsion!!!

I looked at the auction and there is a few things not to over look.

1.The auction was a reserve auction,And it did not reach the reserve price if so it would have said reserve met.
    2.There was three bidders you and 2 other people.I'm not sure why would the seller not offer to the next high bidder(7500.00).But then again reserve not met.It looks like you was the first bidder of the auction.After looking at the auction and the seller offer you a second chance there would have been no reserve on the auction.

I thought I would point out a few Red flags about the auction That I see.Hope this helps
    Carlie Medina III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Exclamation Re: thoughts about game used joe jackson bat on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    fence i dont know if your second chance offer is real or not but someone recently just mentioned Bluechip investments in one of the other posts questioning there items. Find that post and judge for yourself from all the advice given to you and try to make the right decsion!!!

SUAVE: Was it Bluechip Investments or are you referring to Blue Chip Sports? I do know that Howard made reference to a Tejada jersey that had questionable Majestic strip tagging in the tail and that was Blue Chip Sports. Please see the attached thread: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=2980

Can you please check your facts before you post? Thanks

As an aside, that Jackson bat looks very nice! I would agree to be careful, however I think anytime one is going to spend a lot of money on an item (no matter the selling venue) he or she should take the time to thoroughly research before making a decision.

Tim Byington
    www.tjsportsmn.com

This exact same bat was sold for $4467.35 (including B.P.) in the Vintage authentics auction that ended March 30, 2006. It was lot #14. A month later (april 27) an ebayer named bluechipinvests bought it using the "buy it now" on ebay for $9250. Check out this link to the ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Don't know if bluechipinvests is the same person as bluechipinvestments, but they do not have the same feedback rating.

Kevin