Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What's your favorite game used bat?

My favorite bat is a Cal Ripken Sr. "Block" letter bat with H&B markings from the late 1950's with gorgeous patina and a Hornsby style knob (early in his minor league career); Ripken Sr. signature model on top, but my fav is the Block letter Sr. bat on bottom

Mine has to be this Mattingly I picked up way back in the mid 90s for what I thought was a lot of money. Who knew?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

On 9/27/07, the Diamondbacks were in Pittsburgh. leading their division, but slumping. Micah Owings took the mound and not only shut out the Pirates 8-0, he went 4 for 5 at the plate, including three doubles. On the second double, he broke his bat in half, and this is the bat. The DBacks went on to win the division, and swept the Cubs in the first round of the playoffs. The game was a crucial turning point in the team's season, and was recently voted one of the fifty top events in the team's history. I really treasure this one.

Here are some pics of the Beckett bat:

I have to go with my 86-89 Robin Yount. Great use, faded # on knob. Just perfect. I also have a 90 Brett that ranks right with the Yount, but for some reason I can't find the pics.

Scott

diamondicons1

Here is my favorite. A 1972 Pete Rose home jersey. The first baseball game I attended at Riverfront was in 1972. This also appears to be the same jersey that Rose was wearing in the last game of the 1972 NLCS where the Reds made a comeback win against the Pirates. Tough to tell if it is a photo match against the depicted card from the 1973 Topps set.

diamondicons1

Next time I'll read the entire title. Guess I don't know the difference between a bat and a jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    Great question... I picked up a Matt Wieters rookie Home Run bat, and I have a 2009 Pujols Home run bat... but I would have to say ...

my 2002 Pujols bat used by Tino Martinez (HR)... it was my first photomatch and the use is awesome
    bert, the bat in the photo is cupped. your barrel doesn't appear cupped. is it?

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    bert, the bat in the photo is cupped. your barrel doesn't appear cupped. is it?

rudy.
    Good eye for the obvious. I spent 5 minutes looking at the barrel stampings, and I don't think the "Genuine" lines up perfectly with Albert's name.

If it is two different bats, I'm absolutely amazed at the ballmark placement!

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Barry Bonds 2000 Sam Bat.
    Got it from him directly before August 25, 2000 game.

Still trying to photomatch it desperately.
    Thanks,
    Bobby

lehmsbobby@yahoo.com