X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rboitano
    • Nov 2005

Re: What's your favorite game used bat?

Flota
    I sure dont see anything that is 100% spot on. To call it a photomatch it has to be definitive, and that is not.

Comment

• whatupyos
      Banned
      • Dec 2005

What about the cupping. I forget who brought that up, but the acutal bat the player used clearly is a cupped bat, but the photo that the member provided of his bat appears to not be cupped. Can the owner of the bat shed light on this? I mean it simply could just be how he took the photo.

Comment

• rj_lucas
        • Apr 2009

Albert Pujols signed and dated game used rookie bat, from the November 2001 ARF auction. La Russa signed COA. Bat was one of 15 delivered to Albert between August 22 and September 5, 2001. My winning bid was $1110.

Rick
        rickjlucas@gmail.com
        Attached Files

Comment

• TFig27
          • Oct 2006

2009 Derek Jeter Bat

sigpic
          TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
          A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
          J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Comment

• godwulf
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Rboitano
            That Tino/Pujols bat isnt even close. Just a bunch of random red circles.
            Ya hate to rain on anyone's parade, but I have to agree with Rboitano, here.

The circles, which presumably are supposed to show the same marks on the two photos, more often than not show marks that are clearly different - marks that go one direction in one photo, and a completely different direction in the other, or are not even close to being similarly configured. Some of the circled marks are not even in the same place.

Who called this a photo match?
            Jeff
            godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• shoremen44
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by whatupyos
              What about the cupping. I forget who brought that up, but the acutal bat the player used clearly is a cupped bat, but the photo that the member provided of his bat appears to not be cupped. Can the owner of the bat shed light on this? I mean it simply could just be how he took the photo.
              Originally Posted by Rboitano
              That Tino/Pujols bat isnt even close. Just a bunch of random red circles.
              My bat is cupped... just tough to take a pic at the same angle

Rboitano... might want to check your glasses... how do you not see the marks in the same places, and the same size and shape?
              Attached Files
              Bert
              ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• shoremen44
                • Jul 2007

Scotty...

The Baltimore All star mantle... SIIIICKK

WOW
                Bert
                ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• Rboitano
                  • Nov 2005

The marks dont line up perfectly, they look different. And the tar on the handle above his batting gloves, it doesnt match up.

Comment

• whatupyos
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2005

Bert,

I believe its a photomatch now, I mean I was 99% sure before you clarified the cupping. Just hard to tell based on the angle of the photo. Thanks for confirming it.

Awesome bat.

Aaron

Comment

• gameused
                      • Nov 2005

Definetly a match Bert, no doubt about it!

To the guys who can't see it......what are the odds that Tino Martinez would have two Albert Pujols C243 model bats with similar rack marks? I'm sure when Bert has the bat in his hands and holds the bat up in the exact angle of the game photos it looks ten times better than the photo match pics.

Congrat's Bert on your favorite GU bat.

Bobby

Comment

• flota89
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Rboitano
                        Flota
                        I sure dont see anything that is 100% spot on. To call it a photomatch it has to be definitive, and that is not.
                        There was possibly more use after that photo, but there are too make marks in the same spot to be coincidence. I say 100% photomatch.
                        Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
                        flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• soxbats
                          • Dec 2005

Ok, you guys are going to laugh at this, but here is my latest favorite bat: A Bob Didier H&B Gamer from 73-75. No, you won't find this in the bat records section of the site. Didier was a journeyman catcher who played for the Braves and one year, 5 G - 14 AB - 1 H, for the 74 Red Sox. His significance to me is that he was one of 18 players who's Bat I needed to complete my run of Red Sox position player bats from 1960 to the present.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Didier GUF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	658529

This was advertized as a "Kiya Didier" bat and I was looking (make that looking for 15 years) for a Robert Didier bat. I checked Baseball Almanac for a nickname . . . none. Middle name? Daniel. I looked for significance of the word Kiya . . . . none. Other Didier major leaguers from that time? . . . none. I looked for minor leaguers with the name Didier, could find none. Totally stumped. Then I looked at the bat more closely and thought the "K" might be an "H" to read "Hiya." Punched that into google and after another hour of digging learned that in grade school Bob Didier's friends knew him by his nickname "Hiya."

I'd like to think that when he signed on with H&B he was paying tribute to his friends with his signature and reminding himself of what it was like to reach a childhood dream. OK that last part is the romantic in me.

I match my $40 Didier against your $15,000 Mantle (just kidding!)

soxbats@aol.com
                          loking for obscure red sox bats from the 1960s and 70s: Carmen Fanzone, Syd O'Brien, Ray Boone, Ron Jackson, Ray Webster, Luis Alvarado, Roman Mejais, Willie Tasby, George Smith, Ken Poulsen, Felix Mantilla, Marty Keough, Bobby Heise, Chuck Goggin, Marlan Coughtry

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by suave1477
                            I love a Mariano bat. Interesting he would inscribe Game Used since he didn't use it in a game. This if anything would be a BP bat of his. He didn't have any AB's in 2005 reg season or post season. Or may have been used by another player but that would be ineteresting that he would inscribe game used if another player used it.
                            It looks like he is picking up Arod's inscription habits.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2009

Derek Jeter gamer from 2004. I have alot of bats but that will always be my favorite.

Comment

• 3arod13
                                • Apr 2006

1996 Alex Rodriguez 1st Career Grand Slam Bat (8th Career HR)
                                Attached Files
                                Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

Working...