Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

What's your favorite game used bat?

I was trying to pick mine and it's tuff! I got a lot of Reds bats I love: 1976 Bicentennial bats of Concepcion, Driessen, and Bench. 1970s Adirondack bats of Morgan, Perez, and Rose. A mid 80s Rose Mizuno black bat. I love my 2004 Jeff Kent Astros game 5 NLCS walk off HR bat too. But, I think if I could only keep one, it would be my Pete Rose 1975 R195 gamer that was graded a perfect PSA 10. It only could be from 1975 because it was first made and ordered by Rose in that season and it's a 73-75 model bat. Of course the Reds won the WS in 1975- in the greatest WS ever- and Rose was the MVP of that WS. What's your favorite and why and show us a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: What's your favorite game used bat?

Obviously a pretty loaded question and my answer probably changes all the time. Just earlier today I posted my newest pick-up from last night that I called a potential favorite right in the title of the thread!

But I think I most often go back to this 2001 Rawlings bat made on 4/04/01 and used by Manny during his first week or two with the Red Sox. I love the fact that this marks the start of his time in Boston, his transition of sorts from an innocent hitting machine in Cleveland to what became the aloof clown that Manny can oftentimes be today. He doesn't quite look the part of a Red Sox player, the WS rings are still years ahead, and this bat is one that he never went back to after his initial arrival in town. Manny's first time away from his "comfort" zone and no one is prepared for what's to come.

Bat is uncracked with nice use with double '24' markings and signed by Manny as "game used."

I was gonna list my first Pink of Ryan Garko, but I had to go with this one instead. Its a bat he used in the XM Futures Game and then signed following.

Great question... I picked up a Matt Wieters rookie Home Run bat, and I have a 2009 Pujols Home run bat... but I would have to say ...

my 2002 Pujols bat used by Tino Martinez (HR)... it was my first photomatch and the use is awesome
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

My newest addition, a Marlins ERA Josh Beckett Uncracked Diablo.

Mine would have to be my new Mariano Rivera (Steiner). Thanks to fellow forum member Chris.

Always looking for game used/game issued pitchers bats!

1973-75 Harmon Killebrew Hillerich & Bradsby
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Banned

My favorite bat in my collection would this Llyod Waner bat. This is a rare bat there is less then 6 know to exist. This bat is un-cracked and shows great game use.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cmw2ward View Post
    Mine would have to be my new Mariano Rivera (Steiner). Thanks to fellow forum member Chris.

Always looking for game used/game issued pitchers bats!
    I love a Mariano bat. Interesting he would inscribe Game Used since he didn't use it in a game. This if anything would be a BP bat of his. He didn't have any AB's in 2005 reg season or post season. Or may have been used by another player but that would be ineteresting that he would inscribe game used if another player used it.

Had a tough time tracking this down, but it's my favorite. LS records show only two were made. Kind of wish I had kept the jersey.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]